• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No 144 800 RMK???

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I know the switchback assault is basically a 144 rmk BUT I want the new skid and i want rmk style running boards and the 39" front end....Stock. Also unless you spring order you get the 1.375" cobra and not the 2" lug.

Alot of guys are crying no 136 800 pro ryde sooo anyone else missing the 144 rmk?

D
Feb 26, 2009
I have a 07 switchback with a 144 and a 08 Dragon 155 and find i do not notice any difference in the two, especially for prairie riding. In fact, i find the 155 preferable for rough rally type riding as it is smoother. I am going with a 155 Pro-RMK

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I have a 07 switchback with a 144 and a 08 Dragon 155 and find i do not notice any difference in the two, especially for prairie riding. In fact, i find the 155 preferable for rough rally type riding as it is smoother. I am going with a 155 Pro-RMK

Yah i know, but im on the fence..........i really think it doesnt matter either just the 155 doesnt wheely and play around as much as a 144. When there is low snow conditions its the lug height that is the problem...

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
If you are accustomed to the 144 in a raw chassis sled you'll find the pro-rmk will feel pretty much as agile head to head. Once you are absolutely used to the 155 you'll not miss it a bit. The 144 doesn't have enough room for the correct geometry on the new suspension and it's so good that it's worth going longer track to get. Don't know if it's the fact that it's so much lighter or the lower center of gravity with some of the componants but stock to stock heads up with the pro to raw the new chassis is way more nimble. Most likely it's a combo of stiffness and the other benies that makes it feel this way. The real question would be if there was some way to get that rear suspension in the shorter version how much more sporty would the package be? Hmmmmm?

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Fbomb,

Will you be making BetterBoards for the 144 Switchback Assault?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
If you are accustomed to the 144 in a raw chassis sled you'll find the pro-rmk will feel pretty much as agile head to head. Once you are absolutely used to the 155 you'll not miss it a bit. The 144 doesn't have enough room for the correct geometry on the new suspension and it's so good that it's worth going longer track to get. Don't know if it's the fact that it's so much lighter or the lower center of gravity with some of the componants but stock to stock heads up with the pro to raw the new chassis is way more nimble. Most likely it's a combo of stiffness and the other benies that makes it feel this way. The real question would be if there was some way to get that rear suspension in the shorter version how much more sporty would the package be? Hmmmmm?

i already have a 155, i just want to go shorter and still have all the flare of the 2011 rmk in a 144 package.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Yep..we will..the surf boards will be covered!

sledneck_03 you don't have a pro and like I said there is a big difference between what you have and what you WILL have! Trust me as one who knows such things...YOU WILL WANT THAT COIL OVER SUSPENSION! A couple hours on the sticks of the 155 pro and you'll quickly forget that it is a 155 versus what the 155 feels like in a raw chassis. Ask anyone who has any dedicated time on this sled plus experience on the raw assaults or custom raw 144's like one of ours. The 155 pro felt more like my 144 then my 155 800 with a killer suspension package. If you could get the coil over in a 144 then it's a non issue but unfortunately life is filled with sacrefices and this is one of them.

Premium Features