• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

G
Mar 11, 2008
Hey, just wondering if these spark plugs make any difference, I see in the slp tech tips that they recommend them. Has anyone had much experience with them? what is the cross reference from the champion RN57YCC to a NGK iridium plug. Was thinking about trying them on a 2009 800 dragon, THANKS!!

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
BPR9EIX is the plug you need, and yes there is a difference in running them. They seem to foul less and on top end with my twins they are supposed to help with missing, but I have not ran in to theat with the RN57YCC plugs. Carl's recommends gapping them to .024" which is a fair bit tighter than stock.

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
BPR9EIX is the cross reference, I run them in my machines and my sport bike. They really are expensive and not worth it, but they will run forever and make starting easier. They don't load up like a traditional plug. For the price though, you can get several sets of BPR9ES or EG, which are also good plugs for a fraction of the price.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Had a set in for the past 3 rides and have had very good luck, before the sled loaded up on the bottom end.

Premium Features