• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NGK BR9EYA Spark Plug in EDGE

Hi, I purchased this 02' 800 sled from a friend that own Arctic Cats a year ago and rode it all last year. What I understand is this NGK BR9EYA has been used in Arctic Cats plus they resist fouling.

I thought they were a BPR9ES, but after closer look they were the EYA. The sled runs great.

Should I change the spark plug to the appropriate BPR9ES or RN57YCC? Could I be causing harm to the sled by keeping this spark plug?

Will the protruding tip be a better benefit for performance? If there is no benefit or harm I would consider to keep them since it runs great. Haven't fouled a plug yet in about 20 rides.

Last edited:
X
Jan 1, 2011
ND
The Liberty motors are designed for the RN57YCC when they were made. Run those, they foul less than the NGK's. I switched years ago and have never looked back.

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
I would recommend the RN57YCC also. That is what polaris designed engine to run. I have an '03 escape that my son still rides. I don't think that sled has ever fouled a plug in 5500 miles. I put a fresh set in at the beginning of every season, whether it needs it or not.

Premium Features