• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New To Polaris Help With Pro Chassis Buy

M

mtnxtreme

Dec 18, 2007
Really like the 2011-2013 Pro Chassis Assault and RMK, but a little pricey for me right now, so looking at some 08 -11 Assault, RMK's are they the same chassis as 11-13 ? Also, looks like there was an 07 IQ, were they basically all IQ even the Pro, what is the difference, and what is the difference between the Assault and RMK. New to Polaris sorry for the probably easy questions, just don't really know these sleds, coming over from Cat and Doo. Thanks

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
If I were you I'd stay away from the 08-10 800s. Some guys had great luck with them while the majority had terrible luck. I'd spend a little extra and try to find an 11, definitely worth the extra money IMO. Plus if you buy an 08-10 800 and it needs motor work right away you pretty much have the same money into it compared to if you would have bought anything 11 and up. Once again just my opinion.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I wouldn't say the MAJORITY had terrible luck. The majority were fine, and there were some that had issues.

Still rocking an IQ 800 CFI-4

I am replacing my pistons as cheap insurance. I also had a REV Summit-X 800, also had a piston issue, replaced them every other season and never lost a motor, where many guys lost those motors all the time as well.

G
Mar 30, 2011
minnesota
The 08-10 where IQ Raw. The 11 is going to be a Pro. The difference between the RMK and Assault RMK are pretty much shocks and the 08-10 are a factory 146" track where as the 11 would be a 155" track if my memory serves me correctly.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I wouldn't say the MAJORITY had terrible luck. The majority were fine, and there were some that had issues.

Still rocking an IQ 800 CFI-4

I am replacing my pistons as cheap insurance. I also had a REV Summit-X 800, also had a piston issue, replaced them every other season and never lost a motor, where many guys lost those motors all the time as well.

I hear what you're saying. A lot is word of mouth. Somebody has a problem with theirs and next thing you know everybody is saying they're junk. My brother has a 2011 summit 800 (from what I've heard those are also know to have piston problems? That's what my brother had heard) with 3500 miles on it and so far no issues. But then again I've also heard of all these people with cfi 2 motors going down, but where I work we haven't seen one with a bad motor yet. :noidea:

M

mtnxtreme

Dec 18, 2007
So whats the difference between an IQ Raw and the Pro, is the Pro still an IQ or did they switch from IQ to Pro, are they a completely different chassis? What abt. the 07 IQ? From what I see looking at specs big weight change around 2013?? I heard the 800's might be a prob, but then again I had an 08 Summit, herad lots of issues, I had none. Can any of you guys give me a comparison to my Summit, which is actually gone. Also when did they start that belt drive and how is it? I thought that was very cool, especially for rotating weight savings, free hp!

M

mtnxtreme

Dec 18, 2007
I see the 2 chassis's have abt. a 40 lb. difference, is there much difference in handling.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Your decision will really lie in how much you want to spend on a sled. The Pro RMK's (2011-13) are a step above, as they should be, they are the newest chassis and also the priciest. The IQ Raw RMK chassis (2007-10) is also a great handling machine. The 800's are hit or miss, you never know, you may get a solid one or you may be putting money into the engine. If you want to save a bunch look at the 600's or 700's. They are VERY solid and handle great. The 600's are sooo easy to control and the 700's can hang with big boys.

The Assault has a firmer track, wider front A-arms, and stiffer suspension. Not as good in soft powder, but better on the firmer stuff, it really depends where and how you ride.

M

mtnxtreme

Dec 18, 2007
The pro is the best mountain backcountry specific chassis on the market, IMO. Next to that is the M series then the IQ then the PC.

Whats a PC ? So u think the M is actually better than the IQ, what years though, they made M's I think 04 -12 ,correct?
About the Pro belt drive, did that start in 11?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I hated the way the M handles. IQ any day over the M for me.

You are asking a ford Chevy question, Pepsi coke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mtnxtreme

Dec 18, 2007
If I stick with the 08-10 IQ chassis, can anyone give me a comparison to my 08 Summit which was 429 lbs. with a 146", as far as weight, handling, power etc. ??

Premium Features