• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Ski-Doo 2020 Summit 850 E-Tec Turbo - Belt Alarm Explained

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
I see a little touch of TKI on your sled dave. Are you testing a belt drive for them yet??? :p

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
A belt alarm? This is hilarious! I thought it was a joke at first :ROFLMAO: I guess whatever works, just funny that it's come to this.
more of a belt monitor, so you dont want your engine temp display? why? or would you rather guess, real riders get this, it lets you know what the heat temp is, i let this sink in a bit more.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
It's a great idea if the clutching is dialed. Otherwise, it seems like a great way for Doo to reject warranty claims. If you're out bashing pow with buddies riding the other brands and your belt alarm starts ringing when everybody else is still playing, you're gonna be pissed. I feel like Doo should be investing in getting the stock clutching as good as possible (i.e., at least as good as Polaris and Cat, which currently it isn't) instead of developing this gimmick.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
^^^yes^^^...Gonna suck if a belt shreds and takes out sensor. My pdrive ran good with Shr setup. But my poo is half the temp.

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
Information is always good. I would never turn down more info on how my sled is performing. As stated the only negative is if doo uses the info against you. If that becomes its use (protect the manufacturer rather than info for the rider)then yes people will be upset. Mountain machines are built for extremes and have to be designed for long duration high load use.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

T
Aug 8, 2011
Belt temp indicator is a rad feature! Temps on my turbo run between 130 and 170 working the hell out of it. It’s really nice to have a glance at it before you aim at some big ugly hill where a popped belt will trash the sled. And if you are using the current belt from skidoo it seems the only reason they fail is massive over temp. This feature helps you not over temp the belt to the point it’s doing damage and let’s you have a quick accurate look anytime you want. It’s also going to be nice for working on clutch packages...as the average heat lowers we are gaining. Currently have gotten an average of 8 degrees out of it thus far. We have 3 turbos in the group, all are getting pounded on and we have had a combined 5 belt alarms...no big deal and just a good feature.

Boblee

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2019
It's a great idea if the clutching is dialed. Otherwise, it seems like a great way for Doo to reject warranty claims. If you're out bashing pow with buddies riding the other brands and your belt alarm starts ringing when everybody else is still playing, you're gonna be pissed. I feel like Doo should be investing in getting the stock clutching as good as possible (i.e., at least as good as Polaris and Cat, which currently it isn't) instead of developing this gimmick.
Some people would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope!

T
Apr 1, 2019
more of a belt monitor, so you dont want your engine temp display? why? or would you rather guess, real riders get this, it lets you know what the heat temp is, i let this sink in a bit more.

Well, the issue is me and a bunch of my friends have always ridden skidoo, our entire lives. We buy new almost nearly. The past few doo's have blown more belts than I have my entire life. EVERY trip out we would blow a belt. We've did everything skidoo recommended we do, which also costs a lot of money to do and still, we blew a ton of belts. We all sold our doo's and went to a different brand. The comical part about this whole belt monitor thing is skidoo still haven't fixed the issue and the bandaid solution is to throw a sensor at it and say "oh, why wouldn't you want this?! only real riders get it!" give me a break. How about skidoo fixes the real issue at hand and you would NEVER need to care about your belt temp! Your engine temp display is 100x more important than a belt display lol, but nice try with that one, Dave

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Well I switched to Polaris in 2014 and had issues with it. 3 out of 4 people I know with a new 850 RMK have problems, and 2 of them have had their motor replaced. So go figure!!!

Premium Features