• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product Announcement: 2016 Silber Turbos Axys kit

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I was under the understanding that our sleds compensated for elevation with or with out boost or any other mod for that mater? thought it was just a madder of the right mapping for the mod and we were good at any elevation? was I misunderstanding it? my last 10 sleds hade carbs so I'm not very up on fuel injection ben avoiding them because of my lack of knowledge on them. help me understand if I'm wrong please!

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
as long as we can flash it back 2 stock everything un bolts after that we can still have warranty!!! shshshshshsh just don't tell them. if the topend pops ill pay 4 that but if theirs a defect in something I want them 2 fix that. with a turbo I am pos. they will blame all problems on it from tunnel 2 tub 2 melted wires if silber will re flash 2 stock we can still have our cake and eat it to :D!!! hope this is the case or I'm going to hold off on the turbo till warranty is up and I'm pos. their is no defects in the sled.. that will blow but that's the safe thing 2 do. don't want 2 just live with a pipe and can for three years but they do come right off for warranty. thanks 4 the reply on the pipe boston! and are u able{willing} to re flash to stock if warranty work is needed??

We reflash the ECUs back to stock at customers request. If the kit gets sold we have a reflash fee for the new owners ecu but all you have to do is cover the cost of shipping to return it to stock.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I was under the understanding that our sleds compensated for elevation with or with out boost or any other mod for that mater? thought it was just a madder of the right mapping for the mod and we were good at any elevation? was I misunderstanding it? my last 10 sleds hade carbs so I'm not very up on fuel injection ben avoiding them because of my lack of knowledge on them. help me understand if I'm wrong please!

They do compensate for altitude and boost. You just need to make sure you have high enough octane for the boost pressure / altitude your operating at.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
what is the dif. between external and internal wastegates ? why would you want 1 over the other. sry 4 all the ??? I just know nothing about turbos and want a fair understanding prier to smacking 1 on and wishing I would have done my homework just want no regrets!!! :D

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
what is the dif. between external and internal wastegates ? why would you want 1 over the other. sry 4 all the ??? I just know nothing about turbos and want a fair understanding prier to smacking 1 on and wishing I would have done my homework just want no regrets!!! :D

Without getting super technical, the difference is going to come down to power delivery and boost creep.

In my experience, the external wastegate hits a bit more smoothly, (more linear power delivery) and controls boost creep more effectively.

Is it night and day? Not really. But when faced with the decision, I'd go external all day long.

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Most people will say 7-10 HP per pound of boost. 10 being the most common number thrown around.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
wow that's BIG gains see y people say boosting is addicting!! what tuning is involved with changing the pounds of boost just the spring or is it the whole set up, mapping-clutching-injectors??

Swap the spring. That's it. Obviously, your clutching needs to match your output.

At a point, your charge temps are going to be too hot and you'll need to run an intercooler. I personally won't run more than 10 without an intercooler (though i don't even touch 10...)

The map compensates for boost as is. Injectors too are good until 10ish. (maybe past, not sure, uncharted axys territory for me)

Premium Features