• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new mud tires

L

lewey

Dec 26, 2007
vancouver
i need new tires for an 03 cummins 4x4. currently running toyo mts. excellent tire in the mud and snow but didnt wear worth s--t. 50,000kms and they are BALD. they were done at 30,000. not cheap either. has anyone run coopers or hankooks? dont want ats. what you guys running/recommend? thanks.

X

Xman

Mar 5, 2008
Toyo m55's by far the toughest tire made. You would be very happy

My buddies' cooper STT's are super quite and wear really well.
I will be putting on Good YEars' new MTR with kevlar on my power stroke.. can wait for some snow to try them out in...

I run the ST studded on my work truck and they are absolutely great in the snow and the spring mud, also they are wearing very well and are on their second season. They are taken off in late spring.

I've herd good things about the Mickey thompson MTZ...

I am running the ATZ on my personal truck and they are a great tire, I went with them over the MTZ due to more siping for traction on hard pack snow.
Both the Coopers and Mickey Thompsons are being run on '08 F-350 diesels and are worked hard on both trucks. Take care...Jeff

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm having really good luck with the Goodyear DuraTrac.

It's a studdable tire as well.

gy_wranglerdt_owl_ci2_l.jpg

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I ran the Mickey Thompson MTZ on my 05 cummins and could not get them to balance for the life of me. They were a 315/70/17 load range D with a 3150# rating. Don't let that fool you if you tow, as the sidewalls aren't sufficient for our weight.
I run the bfg AT Load D in the same size on my 07, but in the winter I put the stock wheels/tires back on as I tow/travel alot.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i have 35inch cooper stt on my 1ton megacab doing great so far really quite for a mud tire 15k so far look new still.:beer;

L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
I have 325/60/18 Hankook RT03 10 plys on my 01 F-250 stroker. Little noisy but 3 summers on them so far and hardly any wear. I probably have another 3-4 years of tread. One thing, drop the pressure down on them, without a load I run 35 in the rear and 45 in the front. Pulling a load I run 45 in the rear. Im not easy on my truck at all either, I love to play.

G

G_dub

Dec 14, 2008
Downtown Boise, ID
I'm running the Hankook ATM's on my Dodge Megacab so far 10K on them and they are wearing like iron. Not really a mud terrain but a A/T with a ton of siping on them. So far so good with them quiet on the road and they track really well.

G

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I have 325/60/18 Hankook RT03 10 plys on my 01 F-250 stroker. Little noisy but 3 summers on them so far and hardly any wear. I probably have another 3-4 years of tread. One thing, drop the pressure down on them, without a load I run 35 in the rear and 45 in the front. Pulling a load I run 45 in the rear. Im not easy on my truck at all either, I love to play.

I've had awesome luck with my RT03's on my Tahoe, best tire I've ever owned. I run 35" 12.50 17's. They have worn really well for a large tire.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
How about price?Whats good for under $300 bucks a tire?I wont even say what I paid for 37x12.5x20 toyo mt's but I need some new skins for the half tonne and a 305/70/16 will do.

Last edited:
D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
I run the ST studded on my work truck and they are absolutely great in the snow and the spring mud, also they are wearing very well and are on their second season. They are taken off in late spring.

Another vote for the studded ST's. Ran them for several seasons on work trucks and ran a set on my personal truck. I found the STT's while "cooler looking" and better in the mud, wore out much faster on the gravel and were really horrible on ice. (I don't run aggressive tires on anything now....Cooper summer radials and Cooper MS studded winter tires....the ol' El Camino stays on the pavement.)

Premium Features