• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 7.5' Wide Sled Hauler Option

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Wanted to let everyone know of a newer option in the sled hauling arena...a cross between the traditional 7' wide inline trailer and the full 8.5' wide deck over trailers.

I ordered an all aluminum 2020 EZ Hauler (made by Alcom who makes Mission) which is 7.5' wide with an 18' box plus 5' V. This is an ideal 3 place trailer with plenty of room to spare for gear and whatnot. The other thing is, it's 87" wide inside which will be VERY close to hauling 2 modern mountain machines side by side (haven't tried yet to confirm). I also added an extra 12" of height, so it's like 84" inside height with ample rear door opening for a tall side by side (should the wife ever allow me to get one).

Anyway, thought this might be an option for people when considering a new trailer. It's easy to pull (it weighs like 1,900lbs) and I can still see around it with my new GMC 1/2 ton truck:)

Ryan

IMG_7048.jpg IMG_7068.jpg IMG_7070.jpg IMG_7071.jpg IMG_7072.jpg

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
i got their mission 7 1/2' wide x 24' (plus 5' v-nose) and it allows me to put them side by side. we almost always haul 5 sleds in it along with all gear bags. 2 ski-doo 154 850s in the front facing forward, 2 xm 800 154's facing rearward in the back, and 1 xm 800 154 in the middle facing either direction. there is only a couple inches to spare side to side, so if you had any kind of sled with a wider stance it may not work.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Wanted to let everyone know of a newer option in the sled hauling arena...a cross between the traditional 7' wide inline trailer and the full 8.5' wide deck over trailers.

I ordered an all aluminum 2020 EZ Hauler (made by Alcom who makes Mission) which is 7.5' wide with an 18' box plus 5' V. This is an ideal 3 place trailer with plenty of room to spare for gear and whatnot. The other thing is, it's 87" wide inside which will be VERY close to hauling 2 modern mountain machines side by side (haven't tried yet to confirm). I also added an extra 12" of height, so it's like 84" inside height with ample rear door opening for a tall side by side (should the wife ever allow me to get one).

Anyway, thought this might be an option for people when considering a new trailer. It's easy to pull (it weighs like 1,900lbs) and I can still see around it with my new GMC 1/2 ton truck:)

Ryan

Wow, that is a really nice looking trailer. I am too looking for something like this as well. Most of the time I haul 2-3 sleds. Do you think if you crammed them in there you could get a 4th? 155-165 size? Maybe find a creative way. I just have limited space for parking it in my driveway as well and want the ease of a smaller shorter trailer for towing with my 1/2 ton. Thanks

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Wow, that is a really nice looking trailer. I am too looking for something like this as well. Most of the time I haul 2-3 sleds. Do you think if you crammed them in there you could get a 4th? 155-165 size? Maybe find a creative way. I just have limited space for parking it in my driveway as well and want the ease of a smaller shorter trailer for towing with my 1/2 ton. Thanks

In my particular trailer, with the 18' box, I think it'd be awfully tough to get a 4th sled in there. However, with the 20' box one you could undoubtedly get 4 as the newer sleds DO go side by side in the trailer:)

Ryan

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I asked for several years for 7 and 7 1/2 v-nose width trailers up here , the distributors won't carry them , common sense doesn't compute with some when they don't use a product they sell . They just chipped sealed a section last summer on our supposeable highway if that tells you anything and I've got the windshield to proove it . Good to at least hear happy customers using something that only makes sense .

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Are running a 6.2 or 5.3 in your truck? That trailer is pretty light. I have the same year truck with a 5.3 in a Chevy. Just wondering on towing. The Wyoming wind plays a big part out here also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Are running a 6.2 or 5.3 in your truck? That trailer is pretty light. I have the same year truck with a 5.3 in a Chevy. Just wondering on towing. The Wyoming wind plays a big part out here also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the 6.2 in my 19 AT4. I really like this truck and it pulls this light trailer with ease...when it's windy it sure is thirsty though. I usually get around 11-11.5 mpg pulling my trailer, but was in some 45+ mph winds a couple weekends ago and mpg went to about 8, but I didn't slow down :LOL:

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
That doesn't sound to bad considering... I get about 12.6mpg pulling an open 2 place 8.5ftx 10ft with 2 sleds with a salt shield with heavy winds. That's with my 19 f150 crew 2.7ecoboost 10 speed trans. In light wind I have gotten 14.6mpg.. Dang head/cross winds really suck!

Premium Features