• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2022 Summit Sleds shipping with OLD (2017-2021) GAUGES???

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Yeah....the 2022 Summit X arrived with old gauge package. I don't care but I got the new glove box as well and the old gauge won't fit the new bezel. Going to see if I can try to figure something out .....maybe a chop job on the bezel that fits the old gauge can be made to work. I'll try to get pictures in the next day or so.

OTM
modifying the old bezel to fit the new glove box is easy. i did a write up on here about how to do it.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Thank jcjc1:

That's the ticket!!! Thanks for thinking it through. Pretty easy once someone has done it;)

Cheers
OTM
no worries.
i'm a little surprised brp didn't issue similar directions for this mod to enable people to use their new glovebox in light of the fact that only experts are getting the two button gauge. it's so simple to do.

D
Dec 27, 2021
Pembroke
My 2022 freeride arrived with the old gauge ?. I expressed my frustration with BRP but they informed me that they consider the sled complete and they have no plan of compensation!! This is terrible customer service and I feel a class action suit in the near future!

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
My 2022 freeride arrived with the old gauge ?. I expressed my frustration with BRP but they informed me that they consider the sled complete and they have no plan of compensation!! This is terrible customer service and I feel a class action suit in the near future!
I totally get the frustration, and have also been really bummed when one small item (relative to the overall performance of a product I've purchased) isn't as advertised or underwhelms.

But you have a 2022 freeride in your hands... and it has a gauge which means it is ready to slay. So go ride the heck out of it!

I've heard multiple people say the new gauge is harder to read than the old one, so maybe you're lucky!?

D
Dec 27, 2021
Pembroke
It’s been known for a while that the free rides were coming with the old gauge ??‍♂️

To be fair they do say the spec is subject to change. Besides , most of us don’t have a sled at all
It did not say that at time of order and believe me I am happy to have a sled. But you cant just put a cheaper gauge on that doesn’t even allow you to use all of the new features of the sled and still charge full price! I mean I cant quote someone an oak kitchen then install an ikea one a call it complete and still charge them for oak because of the shipping delays ?

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Be happy you have a sled. The drama over the new gauge isn’t worth it. I actually like my old gauge better.

Premium Features