• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Neutered Dog

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
My Shepherd, Jax. Don't let the picture fool you. Cutting off his boys didn't calm him down a bit!

looks like he is just waiting for you to turn your back so he can terrorize something..nice looking dog...:beer;:beer;

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
You both have beautiful dogs. Here is my GSD that I got when she was 9 months old. She was already spayed when I got her which is a good thing as I don't need any sled dog/german shephard crosses. Sorry for hijackin the thread
shes a pretty girl..did you rescue her?thats what is making me do mine..seems all the neighbors dont know what leash laws are...

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
shes a pretty girl..did you rescue her?thats what is making me do mine..seems all the neighbors dont know what leash laws are...

I got her from a lady that was trying to re-home the dog because she felt that the dog was too much around her 3 year old girl. While she does have alot of spunk and energy, the poor dog was kept cooped up all day in the office.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
hey since we've veered on this thread

at what age can you start studding a dog. I'm thinking before he gets nipped I may try and stud out our beagle. good strong looking dog, despite what I complain about he is really good with the kids. Haven't hunted him but he works his nose pretty good. He's not papered so couldn't get much for him, but hell some extra cash for sledding might be worth dealing with the wife hating the dog.

L
Oct 20, 2020
Castration or neutering of male dogs is surgical removal of the testicles (orchiectomy). The procedure involves general anesthesia. An incision is made just in front of the scrotal sac and both testicles are removed, leaving the sac intact.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Not quite :) when it comes down to it neutering a pet has one purpose, controlling the population .
Some people do not take it upon themselves to properly train their pet and when mother nature calls one of the things that most are qualified to do is when proper procedures must be taken.

The belief that neutering will extend the life is not always true, there are procedures that can be done to live a healthy life and there is a belief and documentation neutering your pet may shorten life expectancy for multiple reasons.
I'll repeat , controlling the population .

Think about it, what would be the side affects if a person where to be completely neutered.
Not totally against neutering either , there are some people that would be better off.

The medical field is a revolving door for not just the human population , don't forget it's called a practice .

Premium Features