• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Needed race sled on payments...

Banks will not give out loans on Snow X sleds :argue: Anyone interested in Payments? Cash down + Collateral + attorney drawn contact for a race sled? I know I will get allot of negative feedback :face-icon-small-fro But , I'm not rich like some of you and would love the opportunity I have to show what I got!:first: Any Iqr or snopro or 600xp or 440 iqr any thing would help..I'd even be down to rent a sled each race too.

Last edited:
J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
hmm if you have decent credit i cant imagine you wouldnt be able to find a small town bank that wouldnt finance it for you. i know i am a lender at a small bank and i sure would...

S

sledaddiction

Jul 23, 2012
Wyo
Race sleds don't come with titles because they are meant to be run on a closed course. Banks don't give out loans for vehicles that don't have a title. If you want a race sled that bad, just get a personal loan instead. Higher interest rate, but much easier to do.

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
Race sleds don't come with titles because they are meant to be run on a closed course. Banks don't give out loans for vehicles that don't have a title. If you want a race sled that bad, just get a personal loan instead. Higher interest rate, but much easier to do.

this isnt 100% correct. as long as it has some sort of serial # or registration #, ect a bank could definately make a loan against it. a bank would just take out a UCC filing to perfect their security interest.

S

sledaddiction

Jul 23, 2012
Wyo
I'll take your word for it. I'm sure you know a lot more about it than me if thats your line of work. When I tried to get a loan on my 440, previous registration wasn't acceptable for the credit union i was using. I was able to get a certificate of origin from the race team that got it from Polaris, and they put the loan against that. I still had to get a title made though

R
I raced for about 6 years and that was one exspensive hobby. My dad was shellin out money to keep us on the track. I couldnt imagine doing it with a loan on the sled. I have heard of people getting loans on them and using the unit number. If this is your first year at it you should check the isoc rules and see what gear they require these days also. If I remember right I believe that was also pretty pricey.

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
Banks will not give out loans on Snow X sleds :argue: Anyone interested in Payments? Cash down + Collateral + attorney drawn contact for a race sled? I know I will get allot of negative feedback :face-icon-small-fro But , I'm not rich like some of you and would love the opportunity I have to show what I got!:first: Any Iqr or snopro or 600xp or 440 iqr any thing would help..I'd even be down to rent a sled each race too.

I have taken all my race sleds and got a title for them through the dnr, I take the bill of sale that says they have only been raced and says it's never been registered in any state, And go to the DMV with the bill of sale, and register it so I can ride it on a trail, I then get a registration for it which is good enough for the bank. Kind of a pain but much cheaper than trying to turn a consumer sled into a race sled.

P
Nov 14, 2013
N.E. Iowa
I have taken all my race sleds and got a title for them through the dnr, I take the bill of sale that says they have only been raced and says it's never been registered in any state, And go to the DMV with the bill of sale, and register it so I can ride it on a trail, I then get a registration for it which is good enough for the bank. Kind of a pain but much cheaper than trying to turn a consumer sled into a race sled.

Can't do that with 11 or newer iqrs

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I bought my IQr with financing thru my local credit union. My sled came out of Washington and they had a Bill of Origin. What I had to do to obtain the loan was to first have the sled appraised by a reputable Polaris dealer who knows these sleds and how much goes into mountain conversions as mine was a long track. That was easy, the guy I bought it from knew 2 dealers that would do this for him free of charge. I think my appraisal added up to the mid twenty thousands and was valued at 21,500 so getting a 13 thousand dollar loan was simple. Then the bank took care of changing the Bill of Origin into a DMV Title so that they could apply a lean against it. Then I got my Perm tags and ran. Try this if you really want one. :devil:

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
The real reason they won't write a loan is because there is no NADA or KBB values for Race vehicles so the bank really doesn't know how much they're worth. Kinda protecting themselves there so if you can appraise it..... :devil:

Mike

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2011
The real reason they won't write a loan is because there is no NADA or KBB values for Race vehicles so the bank really doesn't know how much they're worth. Kinda protecting themselves there so if you can appraise it..... :devil:

Nada does show value for the RS.

55.jpg

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Find one for Polaris. We're not talkin' ski-doo's here. They never ran a Race specific chassis. They were an MXZ with all the things racers need. I was kinda wondering if the one you found is just an MXZ with a ripsaw racing track? Didn't research Cat values but Polaris still does not list their race sled with NADA or KBB. Nice find on the skeeder tho. Arctic Cat had a specific race chassis but then released the production sleds on that chassis after testing it on the race track. Polaris Race Sleds are made specifically for racing and only let the public have a tuned down, softer sprung version one year and it didn't even have the same 600 in it. :devil:

Last edited:
Premium Features