• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need schooled on polaris turbo sleds...

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
hello all I just bought a 2007 d7 with a turbo kit on it, as of the moment the motor is out on my bench atm (reason I bought it was a good price with the popped motor) but While I am waiting on parts I figured I would ask about the fuel management on it it has a pure logic control box, and AEM afr gauge with a autometer boost gauge, and yellow injectors. the last owners tune seems to have perfect no signs at all of being lean good wash. etc, but I am just curious of breaking her in with the turbo on it.... same as anyother two smoke or what? not at all new to two smokes but new to having on boosted, what I am doing is a crank jugs and pistons, I will add some pics later on of the crank(snapped pto pin) here is a list of what the sled has on it Here are the important parts of my new ride...
Garrett 2860 turbo
OVS charge box
AEM A/F gauge
Pure Logic fuel controller
Holley 2:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
Custom stock pipe with bolt together flange.

DSCN1058.jpg DSCN1056.jpg DSCN1065.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Have you checked the turbo? If your motor popped good chance it sent metal stuff through the turbo and it might be bad as well

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
yup popped the housings and checked the exducer wheel and the inducer wheel nice tight clearances on the shaft with no run out. It was my first stop after I got it home, I spin wrenches on diesels for a living so I headed there before I tore anything else down..

Kenny B

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2008
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Well, If I were you this is the process I would use to break in a motor while boosted, first ride I would add some oil to the fuel ( I actually do this for every tank anyway), pin the the wastage open to either let it bypass completely or as close to it as possible, run her around like this for that tank, next tank, more oil, maybe acouple pounds of boost and be abit more liberal with the throttle, then the third tank, oil, and set her up as she would normally be. At this point just about everything should be good to go. I think there is a good youtube vid by that Powermods fellow, basically Indy Dan tells him how to break in his new long rod. This is a excellent way to go. Back in the day, a sled that was broke in hard and fast tended to be faster then its identical twin that went through the normal break in..... I think todays engines benefit from the proper slow procedure. Opinion is opinion.

Premium Features