• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 08 Turbo 700...

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
That sounds like the ticket. Guess I need to save up some money. Thanks for all the info :)

Oh ya, what octain are you running? Also, do you have it maxed out at 10#?

Thanks again,

Austin

for a little extra $$ SPS might be able to rig you a toggle switch to jump from 10-12lbs boost :) but you didn't hear it from me...

sunoco 112 or Vp 110 straight leaded race fuel... $6.00 gallon :eek:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Can you run pump gas with a turbo? Or maybe mix some race with pump?

If you can afford a turbo you should be able to afford good fuel. even at lower boost levels Pump is to hit or miss and 1 small miss and its more than likely game over. There are guys running 5-6lbs on pump but with the poor quality you buy at the pump you never really know what your getting.

10 gallons 91 @ 3.75 per gallon= $37.50

10 gallons of 110+ $6.00 per gallong= $60.00

A diffrence of $22.50 per tank to run 6lbs vs. 10-12+ which can be 30-40 more hp easy, NO BRAINER!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
If you can afford a turbo you should be able to afford good fuel. even at lower boost levels Pump is to hit or miss and 1 small miss and its more than likely game over. There are guys running 5-6lbs on pump but with the poor quality you buy at the pump you never really know what your getting.

10 gallons 91 @ 3.75 per gallon= $37.50

10 gallons of 110+ $6.00 per gallong= $60.00

A diffrence of $22.50 per tank to run 6lbs vs. 10-12+ which can be 30-40 more hp easy, NO BRAINER!

not only that but $22.50 for fuel vs. $2500 for new motor...

got to pay to play and that sucks, but its the rules (for now, it might change later)

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Its not that I cant or dont want to afford it. I am just thinking about transporting and storing. I dont have an enclosed trailer and dont want 55 gal drums sitting around the house.

ah very good point. I have 4 55 gallon drums coming... going to take up 1 sled space in the garage. for weekend road trips i have 3 5-gallon cans with a full sled (2.5 gallon on sled full too) and that should do it.

oh and i dont have a truck or trailer... :) good friends who dont know how much space i am going to take up yet...

H
Dec 5, 2006
Pendleton, Oregon
oh and i dont have a truck or trailer... :) good friends who dont know how much space i am going to take up yet...

Hmmmm, cart before the horse? Priorities.......funny things, arn't they.

So, your packing a bunch of gas cans around.........I guess that would work.
Can a big bore kit and a turbo be combined on a sled?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Hmmmm, cart before the horse? Priorities.......funny things, arn't they.

So, your packing a bunch of gas cans around.........I guess that would work.
Can a big bore kit and a turbo be combined on a sled?

i would preseme you could combine the two. Others would have much more knowledge of that.

I sold my 04 duramax/06 26' mirage trailer to buy a house... man i am missing them right about now...

H
Dec 5, 2006
Pendleton, Oregon
I dont remember seeing this yet, but do you know how much boost you are running? Also, with a turbo, do you have increased power all the time or does it "kick in" in certain times like nos?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I dont remember seeing this yet, but do you know how much boost you are running? Also, with a turbo, do you have increased power all the time or does it "kick in" in certain times like nos?

10lbs boost. They say its about 8-10 horsepower per pound of boost. Boost comes on about 4500 RPM and then at 8100 its sitting right at 10lbs boost. Its a pretty constant curve for the power, however if you hammer down it tends to put all that power down at once and wants to rip your arms out of socket...

Premium Features