• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn horse kit or keep my HCR?

W
Dec 1, 2007
Cañon City, CO
Needing some advice. As the title says thinking I might want to trade or sell off my sled and get a Mtn horse kit for my '06 CRF488R. Very accomplished bike rider and sled rider, is it as fun as it looks? Is it hard on your bike? Is anyone close to Central Colorado to let take a test ride? Anyone interested in a trade? Here is the link to my sled for sale or trade. Thanks! :yo:

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334232

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
The answer is get rid of it! You won't regret it, every year we take guys with sled out with us and after watching us on our bikes for one day they all wish they had one. There is at least one guy on here in Colorado, he is cr500afx or something to that effect

E
Nov 28, 2007
WESTERN SLOPE
I am located in Montrose CO. I have kits in stock and ready for delivery. I'm always out riding and your more than welcome to come along. Be warned..... If you take a demo your going to want one.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I can also help you make the cross over to one ski. I am a Timbersled dealer on the east side of the mountains in the Denver area. I am up on the mountain almost every weekend. If you want to wait until Feb. 23rd. I will be in Sargents, Co. on the other side of Monarch for the Snowmobile Rodeo.

W
Dec 1, 2007
Cañon City, CO
Awesome, Sergeants is part of my stompin' grounds. I should have plenty of time to wait 'till then, haven't had a single call on my sled. Will have to sell sled before I cross over anyway. Thanks!

If your riding buddies are on sleds..keep the sled. If they ride mountainhorses then definetly get one. You will ride different areas on the snowbike, chances are the sleds wont keep up. Best scenario is to have both!!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features