• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Max leaking Antifreeze??

M
Nov 26, 2007
02 700 is leaking antifreeze only when it is running, it is dripping off the bottom of the water pump housing. I have replaced the seal that is pressed into the block, the seal that is pressed into the back side of the water pump impellar, and the seal on the bolt that holds the impellar on.

Did not appear to have a weap hole in the water pump housing (like a car pump has)

I even used some Permatex along with the O-ring on the water pump cover....

Any ideas?? Is there anything behind the water pump housing that could be causing this? I can't see underneath and have never had a motor out....

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Did you notice any play in the shaft when you replaced the press in seal? I have never seen those bearings for the shaft go bad but anything is possible. There is a weap hole in the case. If you reach under there you will feel it and if its wet that means your seal has failed. If it's dry around the weap hole you must be leaking around the cover seal or out thru the bolt threads on the cover. Put some silicone on those bolt threads just to be sure.

Premium Features