• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorfist reckon gloves -- need something different

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
This is the start of second full season on my Motorfist Gear (Rekon Jacket, Bibs and Gloves).

I absolutely love the jacket and bibs, but the gloves are frankly terrible...

They get soaked almost instantly, and the palms / fingers are falling apart after one season. I don't think I should want to expect more for something so expensive.

I'm curious what people recommend as a replacement? Looking to Klim over Motorfist, but really don't know what people are having the best luck with.

I like the layering idea klim has with shell's and liners... But have no practical experience with it.

Thought's? Suggestions?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm in my 4th season of MotorFist WOT gloves.
7th season my on MotorFist KillSwitch gloves.

I have three brand new pair that I carry as backups.

I also run the Motorfist bibs/jacket and love them. But for gloves I am using the Klim Togwotee with the tan leather palm. Cant speak on longevity yet but as far as warmth and dryness they are awesome.

I hardly ever have to put the liners in, they usually end up in a Ziploc bag in my backpack. It could be because I only have a few rides on them but with the liners in I feel they are a bit too stiff or bulky. Wether riding motorcycles or sleds I am a bit picky when it comes to my grip. For me the liners come into play cruising up the road in the morning and sometimes on the way back to the truck. I run a Diamond S mesh hood and no hand guards so on the road to and from the good stuff my gloves are the only protection my hands have. Always warm and always dry!

It wouldnt hurt to swing by your local dealer and try on everything your interested in as well.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would look at the Klim Klimate glove, its the cheapest insulated glove they make and works super well. I also have had good luck with ski doo gloves, xteam in particular.

Gone through alot of gloves over the years and I wouldnt expect to get more than a year out of your main pair of gloves before they start to tear and/or leak.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Reckon

Tried to buy a pair of '17 model Reckon gloves on sale for $50 dollars off, but they were out of my size; Maybe a good thing? Reviews were positive on the gloves. The vendor sold me a pair of the new redesigned '18 Reckons @ 20% OFF. I've only made 1 short ride in them & found them comfortable & dry; Hope my long term luck is better than yours; Maybe the reason for the redesign? :juggle:

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
IMO regardless of what they are, have a morning pair and an afternoon pair. I always change after lunch. I an running older motor fist wot and older klim powerxross. I have had castle and choko before. They were fine. I mink oil all my leather at the start of the year. I would rather have 2 cheaper pair than 1 expensive pair.

B
Feb 3, 2017
I tried the Klim elite gloves last year great fit and fill but they fell apart not worth the money ($250). I'm not doing Klim again the warranty is garbage. Any luck finding something that lasts 1/2 a season? I'm thinking you are right gonehuntnpowder 2 pairs of cheap gloves is better.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I just picked up some 509 Freeride gloves.
I'm pretty excited to see how they are.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I love my rekon gloves. I havevthe new style and the old style. The new style with the plastix knuckle busters are much better built that the older version with padded knuckles IMO.

Premium Features