• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor worth more than the sled (XF1100T HC)?

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
We have a 2012 XF1100 Turbo with low miles/hours at my work. Like under 100 miles, 20 hours I think. The motor is currently out of the chassis for some clutching development work. I'm kinda thinking the motor is maybe worth around $2000-$2500 on ebay? In Montana, a XF1100 Turbo High Country 141x2.25 is probably not worth $3000.

Should I sell the motor and throw the chassis in the dumpster? Will an 800 drop into the 1100 chassis? Or is the bulkhead totally different?

Its obviously a bunch of work to reinstall the motor, so I'm questioning if it is worth it.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Before the age of factory turbo side by sides that motor, turbo, and electronics package was worth a pretty penny to that crowd! I'm of the same thought as you the engine is still worth almost as much as the whole sled. Especially being a 2012 it would take a bunch of clutch and drivetrain updates to make it reliable. I don't think an 800 would be a direct swap. Something in the back of my mind says the motor mount on the cooler is different. Plus you'd be missing the intake parts and the electronics would all be different.

Parting it out would be the most profitable unless you happen to find the right buyer in eastern MT or ND that was willing to put the motor back in themselves. A call to Eric at Racin' Station might be worth it to see if he or someone he knows would be interested in the sled for parts if they have folks running those 4 strokes in the mountains still.

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
We have a 2012 XF1100 Turbo with low miles/hours at my work. Like under 100 miles, 20 hours I think. The motor is currently out of the chassis for some clutching development work. I'm kinda thinking the motor is maybe worth around $2000-$2500 on ebay? Tutuapp 9Apps In Montana, a XF1100 Turbo High Country 141x2.25 is probably not worth $3000.

Should I sell the motor and throw the chassis in the dumpster? Will an 800 drop into the 1100 chassis? Or is the bulkhead totally different?

Its obviously a bunch of work to reinstall the motor, so I'm questioning if it is worth it.
how did you manage it ?

Premium Features