• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor Mounts

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I am working on a customers 2012 1100 turbo and the motor mounts were the sloppiest yet I have seen(3/4" total movement of the Jackshaft up and down). I am not sure exactly how many miles on it but I dont think a ton. Either way, Moral of the story, if your sled has belt issues they will just get worse from all the movement. After installing mulitple Turbie/Evo TCL delete kits I am thoroughly impressed each time. For one how sloppy the stock mounts are and for tow how rigid the motor is in the chassis after the install. Feels more like how a Yamaha motor is in the chassis. This kit coupled with good clutching will give great belt life. PERIOD. Also the kit has come a long ways since it was introduced. A couple things changed to remove confusion and also to help out with manufacturing differences in the chassis. BOOST ON!

J
Feb 27, 2011
I agree 100%. messed around with my 2012 a bunch and nothing fixed it. got my 14 and tore it down with zero miles. installed the kit and never looked back. 3000 tuned up miles and not one belt issue. last belt just plain wore out with 2000 miles on it. it's nice to drive the sled like every other one I've owned. my 2012 sucked because I was always afraid to ride it the way it was meant to be ridden.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
It's always good to hear the success stories, people usually only have time to complain lol. The tcl delete kits work very well and it's making people really enjoy the power and reliability that they were looking for when they bought a 4s.

I think there are less success posts because guys are riding instead of wrenching....

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Or we are working (sigh)...

It's always good to hear the success stories, people usually only have time to complain lol. The tcl delete kits work very well and it's making people really enjoy the power and reliability that they were looking for when they bought a 4s.

I think there are less success posts because guys are riding instead of wrenching....

The TCL delete kits work very well, especially when harnessing the power of EVO's big chute / super chute kits. I run a Big Chute kit on 100LL, and ironically spend a lot of time boondocking the sled in the trees (something a 4S wasn't really made for), so my underhood heat may be a tad higher then the average customer. Haven't blown a belt yet...

Premium Features