• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Monte Cristo

bakininthesun

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Roy / StarValley Wyoming
Went to Laplatt on Sat. Snow was deep on Sharps Peak but now I remember why I don't go there anymore, the parking lot was a zoo. The only way you could get in there is with a shoe horn. I have been riding that area for nearly 18 years and have never seen it so bad. I guess I will have to leave that area to the young crowd. Wyoming here I come, love the steep and deep and they have plenty of it.

utsnowdog

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2005
Northern Utah
Parking at Monte

The last couple of times up to Monte the parking has been ridiculous. I've had to move my trailer to let someone pull though the last 2 times I've been up there just because some idiot blocked off the entire isle. Guys, think before you block everyone in. Maybe we need a parking attendant.

O
Feb 2, 2008
Completely agree on the parking attendant idea. Last Saturday, spent 2-3 hours longer than we wanted to, because we got blocked in on both sides of what should have been pull thru lanes. Fortunately, we had enough gas to head back out for a while, vs. sitting in the truck. At least the snow was plowed for the most part.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Clinton, Utah
Parking on Saturday didn't seem as bad as previous weeks, but the snow was not nearly as great either. Still decent snow in the valley's where the wind and sun hasn't killed it. Need a few more dumpings to get the good powder back.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Went up Sunday, what a day didnt see anyone all day and 2 ft of powder. Wouldnt believe it myself if I wasnt there. And oh yeah Monte sucks dont go there, its for beginners and old folks;):D

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Went Saturday, no new snow to speak of. Crusty in the morning, softened up real nice by noon. Great Spring snow for some insane climbing. Found a couple nice chutes north of LaPlatte.

T
Jan 25, 2008
Perry UT
Went up Satuday and headed toward laPlatte, and only seen about 10 other sleds all day long. The snow was awesome, and you could climb like a mother. We spent all day in the trees playing around. We tried to go to Powder Mountain for lunch but they have HUGE signs up saying no trespassing, no motorized vehicles allowed.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Went up there today, great snow, not a sole around.
Fresh tracks all day.

B
Nov 26, 2007
UT
Went up the night of 4-5 around 5:30 it was like we were the only ones there. and new untouched SNOW. Not only that but the trails and road were Smoooooooth. the road was still coverd with snow..

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
Is there still plenty of snow out to the trail head?

If not have they opened the gate?

I have not been up Monte in months, thinking about going up Saturday.

Thanks for the help.

Premium Features