• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Modifying skis

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I was wondering if a ski that is longer from the spindle mount pivot point to the bottom of the ski radius will be less responsive and have a greater turning radius? Also if the front radius is shallower in height will it cut thru the snow more and have less forward resistance than a taller and steeper angled ski? Last question if there is too much surface area will this lift the front of the sled higher and allow the track to angledown and trench more? Basically riding up hill all the time? Just want to see if I am way off base.

Thanks Mike

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
There are far more variables. Hill angle. Snow type, front shock pressure/load. Rear suspension load, limited strap positions.

It all works together.

What sled and model? In my experience the Polaris stick skis do a great job. I was never a fan of arctic cat and doo skis. They have way too much flex. For those two sleds I would go with powder pros or even the Polaris gripper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features