• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirror Lake

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Looking to ride this area sometime this year, whats it like? Looking at google earth it looks some-what flat except for the big butte like mountains (bald mtn, reids peak). Is there some good steep technical tree riding? Nasty drainages? Anyone have some decent video from the area?

Thanks

T

Tankwagon

Jun 12, 2016
Park City, UT
Subscribed. Would also like info on this area.

I just relocated to Park City, got a sled and itching to learn where to ride.

Looking to ride this area sometime this year, whats it like? Looking at google earth it looks some-what flat except for the big butte like mountains (bald mtn, reids peak). Is there some good steep technical tree riding? Nasty drainages? Anyone have some decent video from the area?

Thanks

W
Jan 7, 2008
The Uinta mountains are probably the biggest riding complex in the state with several trail heads and many different types of riding area. Just hit the trail on either the Kamas side or the Bear River side and head in. You will find anything and everything you are looking for from mild to steep and deep.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
I live in Idaho now but grew up riding there. From the Kamas side about 9-10 miles up from the gate where you get close to trial/washington lakes there is variety of every kind of riding, you just have to get off the road and find it. Plenty of hill climbing near the top too.

From park city you could also go the noblett's side and there is some spectacular technical riding there. Not so long ago there used to be some great riding above park city and behind deer valley, but that's all on it's way to being developer/private land now, and soon Guardsmen Pass will be in the hands of developers because the Mountain Accord is idiotic. Guardsman is always great for a quick up and back ride.

We always trailered to the gate at Soapstone campground and rode up towards soapstone and lightning ridge. That area is huge and it's not uncommon even on a busy Saturday to only see one or two other groups once you get off the main road. Lightning Ridge is a fun area as is Mill Hollow. You really can't go wrong.

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
LOL...

@Goridedoo...That area might look flat on google earth. But there is nothing flat about that area. tight tree riding, lots of drainages that you don't want to go down, big rocks...Great riding but lots of hazards

A

arctic matt

Nov 29, 2007
Cache Valley Ut.
Check out Boondockers 13 on Youtube. I have not snowmobiled in this area and I don't know anyone within the video, but I have spent a lot of summers hiking around Mirror lake Highway and I'm guessing a good majority of that film is in that area.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Rode from the bear river side Sunday... Snotel at trial lake is around 100", I see most years its more like 50"- Is it very rideable with those kinds of depths?

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
Rode from the bear river side Sunday... Snotel at trial lake is around 100", I see most years its more like 50"- Is it very rideable with those kinds of depths?

I was just there. The riding is amazing right now. And more snow coming.

Premium Features