• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Maverick any good?

Apr 21, 2008
There's a reason Maverick tracks are cheap, they aren't any good. Way too soft a lug so they just bend over. For your M7 I would look for a challenger, challenger extreme or a powerclaw if you want to try one.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I've got over 2000 miles on one, no problems. I thought it was a big step up from my A 20. I've tore off two paddles, which is the best I've gotten out of a track. They don't hook up like the extreem but I think they are better than the challenger.

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
i've had a few on the same machine, attac 20 , maverick , challenger and now powerclaw, like the claw the best, the maverick seemed to come apart way too fast, the challenger is a good all around track too.

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
had the challenger xtreme on mine it was ok but the power claw is way better i think has worked great in the powder and set up snow. my buddy bought my extreme and we race side by side on a hill i passed him and pulled him all the way up the hill the power claw just hooks up. my .02 buy a power claw

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
IMG_2220.jpg

need I say more? 700 miles

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm not sure what you guys are doing to destroy them so quick, but my Maverick has held up quite well. I've got 1000 miles on it and I'm missing maybe 2 lugs.

With that said, I'll be putting a powerclaw on it before next year.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
How are you guys ripping lugs off tracks? Not bashing just wondering. I have 2600+ miles on my stock camo track and 0 missing lugs or tears. That's even with pulling in and out of the garage on the concrete.

H

HalfwayM7

Nov 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA, for now
I endorse the Maverick...

I have had it on my 06 M7 for two years and am very happy with it.

There are times, in powder, I wish I had my Attack 20 back, but overall it is a good track.

I am not trying to flame anybody here, so don't take it personal. However, based on my observations, when folks tear lugs off their track they either have lots of horses (read turbo or nitrous) or they are running over debris in the snow and pin it while crossing over it, with or without realizing what is happening. Of course, this is only what I have observed.

My personal opinion is, as long as you do not abuse it, the track is fine and will do well in all conditions. I would buy it again, if the Power Claw did not exist. If you don't have the money for a Power Claw, the maverick is a good choice, IMHO :D

Last edited:
D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
How are you guys ripping lugs off tracks? Not bashing just wondering. I have 2600+ miles on my stock camo track and 0 missing lugs or tears. That's even with pulling in and out of the garage on the concrete.

It's real easy to rip lugs off! All it takes is about 3 seconds to destroy a track. I've ripped a lot of lugs off tracks and I have not seen a lot of difference between the Mav., Pol.IV, challenger, or most any track. Spin'em on sharp rocks and you will leave the paddles on the hill!

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Spin'em on sharp rocks and you will leave the paddles on the hill!

I guess my question is why would yo do this. I guess riding in low snow conditions or spinning the track down to the point it's spinning on rocks, stumps and dirt just doesn't seem like the results of doing that would justify shortening the life of or having to replace a $500+ track. But that's just me.

Back to what the thread is about, we have two mavericks in our group, both guys like them. One on a 04 Rev 860 BB w/ about 800 miles on the track. It's ported with no torn lugs. The other on an 05 M7, it has 2500+ miles on it, also ported, no torn lugs. Once again, both guys are really happy with the track.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Glad everyone thinks their junk! Maybe I'll be able to buy the next one cheap too.
Put a new Yami takeoff Maverick on the M7 this year. Yeah, it's apretty soft track, but good for CO light snow.
It's way better than the cut, flipped, straightened, A20 that the M7 had on it when I bought it (but that may not be saying much). So far, 4-500 mi on it. It's in real good shape, no missing lugs (that I've seen) and it's pretty flexible. Rolls easier than the Challenger on my M1K and I've drilled the Challenger track.
The M7 pulls the sno coach with the kids in it quite often and it seems to get around well in the powder, all things considered. Haven't been very easy on the track either.

Apr 21, 2008
snoprojoe, you will get a better answer if we know where you ride and what type of snow. I am from Alberta and ride a lot in the BC mountains, and around here it's common opinion that the Maverick is junk (too soft). It really depends on where you ride though. I would go with a challenger if you don't want to spend much money.

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
just to add a note, i have been snowmobilbing for just about 20 years now, and have never lost a lug on anything but the maverick i had , take real good care of my sleds, and the maverick was a huge dissapointment in the durability of it.

Premium Features