• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matrix Slash getting roasted

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I took the forums expert advice. My heavy feeling excessive lag sled is ready, clutched and revalved, but I am trading it out with my buddy who’s sled still hasn’t shipped. He’s taking mine. After reading the reviews, I must have been having acid flashbacks when I rode these things last spring and last week back to back with dialed Axys. Maybe I was backwards in my comparison of Dragon to Pro? My buddy has no idea he is going backwards, I will be slaying him with my tunnel cut-clutched, suspensioned T-Axys.

R
Nov 24, 2014
The running boards staying clean is one of the biggest things I’ve seen.

Otherwise ^^^^^^ is pretty close if talking naturally aspirated.

Will be testing 165 boost vs silber turbo 5# 162 Axys 800 as soon as I can. (Sea level to 3k)
thats a good point my sled sheds snow really well

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I took the forums expert advice. My heavy feeling excessive lag sled is ready, clutched and revalved, but I am trading it out with my buddy who’s sled still hasn’t shipped. He’s taking mine. After reading the reviews, I must have been having acid flashbacks when I rode these things last spring and last week back to back with dialed Axys. Maybe I was backwards in my comparison of Dragon to Pro? My buddy has no idea he is going backwards, I will be slaying him with my tunnel cut-clutched, suspensioned T-Axys.
I don't think it's acid... Sounds like you drank too much Pool-aid. ?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
The mapping is def better, its got more bottom end jam.
The rear tunnel brackets dont ice up.
The cut narrow tunnel will sink to look for traction especially in others trenches.
The new 2.75 has some good improvments.
The side pannels latches suck.
Brake is very firm and a reach for shorter fingers.
I like my 165 khoas but my next one is gonna b a 65 pro.
Byw my sled is in the shop getting a new fuel pump

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
I rode my 21' Axis Pro and 22' Pro Matrix Slash back to back days last week. Both sleds are 155 w 3" tracks, SLP heads, silencer, clutching.

The first thing I noticed, and probably the biggest improvement to me, is that the 21' Pro felt more rigid and planted, where as the Matrix was more playful and would roll over much easier. Whatever voodoo they did with that chassis, it works. It just feels better to ride and takes less effort.

Other small things I liked about the Matrix are the factory tether, gauge display and the front storage is really nice.

There was a day when I was parked behind a couple older Pro's, some Doo's, and one Matrix Slash. The Matrix was the only sled that had a clean tunnel.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I rode my 21' Axis Pro and 22' Pro Matrix Slash back to back days last week. Both sleds are 155 w 3" tracks, SLP heads, silencer, clutching.

The first thing I noticed, and probably the biggest improvement to me, is that the 21' Pro felt more rigid and planted, where as the Matrix was more playful and would roll over much easier. Whatever voodoo they did with that chassis, it works. It just feels better to ride and takes less effort.

Other small things I liked about the Matrix are the factory tether, gauge display and the front storage is really nice.

There was a day when I was parked behind a couple older Pro's, some Doo's, and one Matrix Slash. The Matrix was the only sled that had a clean tunnel.

Interesting…..did you notice less physical effort inputs into the Matrix?

I’m even more confused. Rigid Axys? Centralized mass? New Tunnel? Subtle differences in the rear suspension? Improved engine runnability? Are there 2 of us now having acid flashbacks now? Or is it still me and my reading comprehension is mucked up due to an acid flashback? Because this report simply doesn’t align with some of our forum experts.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
Interesting…..did you notice less physical effort inputs into the Matrix?

I’m even more confused. Rigid Axys? Centralized mass? New Tunnel? Subtle differences in the rear suspension? Improved engine runnability? Are there 2 of us now having acid flashbacks now? Or is it still me and my reading comprehension is mucked up due to an acid flashback? Because this report simply doesn’t align with some of our forum experts.

Yes, less physical inputs for the Matrix.

Its possible ...I remember one time taking way too many shrooms and almost jumped out of a 30 foot tree.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The cut narrow tunnel will sink to look for traction especially in others trenches.

Hmm. Rear tunnel brackets don’t ice up? Sorry to hear about your fuel pump and your lack of icing. That’s another reason for team TCCS Axys. Panel latching does suck.
As the experts have pointed out, the sled feels like a boat anchor so I’m afraid a 165 Pro won’t be any better than your Khaos. However, if you want to try some advice from someone suffering from psychedelic flashbacks, a Pro Limiter on that Khaos would allow you to get fully torched by tunnel cut-clutched suspension Axys

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hmm. Rear tunnel brackets don’t ice up? Sorry to hear about your fuel pump and your lack of icing. That’s another reason for team TCCS Axys. Panel latching does suck.
As the experts have pointed out, the sled feels like a boat anchor so I’m afraid a 165 Pro won’t be any better than your Khaos. However, if you want to try some advice from someone suffering from psychedelic flashbacks, a Pro Limiter on that Khaos would allow you to get fully torched by tunnel cut-clutched suspension Axys
Best mod is tunnel extensions for the slash.

Long snowflap for added cooling.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020

Shoulda got a pro for 22’. Word is that this is the last year of the pros. My dealer said he was to that by Polaris and all will be Khoas for 23’ and on Mine and Chadly pros will be worth their weight in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Shoulda got a pro for 22’. Word is that this is the last year of the pros. My dealer said he was to that by Polaris and all will be Khoas for 23’ and on Mine and Chadly pros will be worth their weight in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure hope not.
I cant see it happening, doo has a freeride and a expert, i think pol will keep the 2 different models.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc

Iv always owned a pro, 22 was a experiment and 23 im goin back to a 65 pro, im not a stunt guy, im a tree rider and being in control is most important to me

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Best mod is tunnel extensions for the slash.

Long snowflap for added cooling.

Good call, thank you for the reminder SMF. Sounds like a good mod to do to everyone’s boat anchors while they are sleeping. They need more surface area to collect more snow and ice and the flap can only help with cooling.

Since our wonderful governor is keeping us safe by firing all of the selfish plow drivers spreading Covid to themselves and all passes are shut down, we will have to fly to McCall. I can’t wait to torch better riding buddies on their Danforth Slashes.
#TeamTCCSAxys

“Unsuspecting victims, no warnings, no signs.”
-Slayer

Premium Features