• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Massive avalanche!!!!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I won't speak for everyone but my "go for it" attitude is tempered by past experiences. I jacked my back up 15 years ago, had my hand crushed @ 5years ago, ripped stomach muscles last year, and broke my leg this year. Also had lots of painful experiences that luckily weren't permanent. I've totalled 3 sleds over the years. I think that I do "go for it" but I try to not get too stupid about what I do. I was involved in an unsuccessful avy extraction, and another one that my best friend was lucky to survive. Most of us have family and financial responsibilities that require us to ride a little smarter. If you have a bigger set than I, good for you. It seems that in every group that I ride with, someone is going to go farther than I do, and I'm ok with that. I want to have fun, and I want to be able to make it home as well.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
There is no way I am playing by YOUR rules. It is going to have to be DEEP and at least 900' to 1200' vertical. Then maybe my lil ole Tapex will get her legs under her.

Trouble the other night??? No, my Wife is an Angel. She has to be to put up with me.LOL.

Oh yea. Alrevedup, this is in no way a bash, but I don't know if I would wager much with Dbook in these snow conditions right now. It may be a humbling experience. Also, we want to make one more trip to the Butte before it gets too warm. We should all meet up. Laugh it all off and have a good ride up in Robinson and the Dykes.

Sam

Sam, I've seen you ride and even shared a beer. Your word is gold IMO

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Whenever someone says "hey look how great my sled is, I must be able to ride" I gotta wonder what they're hiding. ANY body can point a turbo up an open hill and look pretty good, but throw in some obstacles to slow ya up and make ya actually handle the beast on and off throttle and we'll see what's what. Not saying you can't, but i'm not afraid of being outridden by any turbos i've ridden with yet. And no, I haven't ridden with any seasoned riders on turbo's, just noobs, but it goes to show it ain't the sled. And no, I aint that good either, but I'm no couch slouch:cool: Come on up and i'll show....blah blah blah. I ain't driving 8 hours to ride there when I got the same thing in my back yard.....unless someone else is driving:D

Guess I should say something.

"Something"

I always ready to ride. Pm me anytime your are in town:beer;:beer;

D
Nov 27, 2007
Great. Let's hook up before the end of the season. Maybe in a couple of weeks. We will have a great time. We will coax Donnie into some BIG cornice drops. It will be off the hook, I promise. Sam
Donnie is afraid to drop off the trailer let alone anything large like a big cornice. Maybe a Dizzle cornice... (J/K Diz lol).

Sounds like a blast. Maybe we can all meet up down at Irwin and tear it up. Set a date someone I'll be there.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Meeker, Colorado
Man you guys sure like to dish it out but get your panties in a bunch with just a couple posts. No where in the thread was it mentioned it wasnt duke so i guess im wrong for assuming, I didnt even play the video-just went off of the pick. As for this turbo thing it has nothing to do with it but if you want to play with a 80 horse machine-500cc class let me know ill see what i can work out. Im in grand junction right now will be here for 7 weeks, and sled in buena vista. Wanna bring it to me?

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
One of these days I'll get over that way for some north meets south riding. That's a beautiful area:)

Back at you. This year I have met and rode with some great people that are from SW. Learned alot and enjoyed every minute.

Lets plan on a ride, north or south. This year or next!:):beer;

Premium Features