• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Massive avalanche!!!!

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
If you havent noticed it has nothing to do with you nor your bada$$ internet composure! It was intended towards my buddy duke who took it very well:beer; Have a good night with a woody on about your two stroke vs 4 stroke shiat.

and while we are at it!! What is a bada$s internet composure?

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Can I play????????

Donnie, it was good talking to you the other night. We did the Flat Tops Sunday. It was really good over near Blair in the rock bands.

Sam

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Can I play????????

Donnie, it was good talking to you the other night. We did the Flat Tops Sunday. It was really good over near Blair in the rock bands.

Sam

I don't see even a hint of bashing in your post and that's just not right!

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Since this is public forum, Im weak and have a "mouth". Here are couple of observations.

This hill that is right off the trail looks like a death trap. Mark it in your minds.

Unless you inverted the picture for some reason. It is a northeast facing aspect, that is also the leeward side and wind loaded. Judging from the trees there was some resent snow accompanied by some wind. The slope appears and based on the sound of the sleds motor, to be greater than a 45 degree pitch. A test pit probably would have revealed the weak layer.
And then again maybe you know the area like the back of your hand. Hindsight is 20/20 I know. But the signs and clues are there.

look at that, its right of the trail:rolleyes:

LOL do you want to come up and get embarressed by a shorty this weekend? That's what I thought lol.

I'll be your huckleberry.....

Hey Doc Holiday, put away your sixshooter.:D:p

It means put your turbo were your mouth is~! If you want to bag on climbs then I will take you to climbs just off the trail and you follow my poor underpowered two smoke.

If that was your sled climbing that slope, you may not want to take on Mclovins ride.

Now now this is not even a fair fight lol. Let the turbo first get by my stock 800 short track before venturing anywhere near the deep end of the pool. Can you make it up this weekend MC? It'll be a riot I promise. In fact why don't the crowd come on up and we'll tear it up. While it's fun talking smack on the innerweb, it's a whole lot better sitting at the bottom of the hill and putting up or shutting up.

May not be the best place to watch from "bottom of the hill"

How sad... You own a turbo and have been called out by a stock 800 short track to go hill climbing and you go for the gay insult? Very weak lol!

Some one once said........I'll be your Huckleberry"

I will meet you at High Noon behind the coral. Bring your 2Smoker

Thank you for letting me cherry pick your thread.

Sincerely
Monday Morning QB "lets ride!!!!!!!" (if you have enough ponies)

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2007
And then again maybe you know the area like the back of your hand
Yes

If that was your sled climbing that slope, you may not want to take on Mclovins ride
You are probably right. Donnie's lilttle 2 stroke would be no match for MC's turbo. If we stipulate that, will MC and the rest of you meet us on the hill for a friendly wager?

I will meet you at High Noon behind the coral. Bring you 2Smoker
You promise?

All The talkin is fun but how bout we say weekend after next we'll all meet at VP and we'll see who can climb what. Heck I'll put my stock 121 800 up against MC's turbo lol.

D
Nov 27, 2007
It's got a set of domes in it... that's about it. Stock pipe, cyl, and pistons. It's just a plain ol 04 HO motor. Donnie's sled has a can on it and frankly doesn't run that great IMHO.

I think it would be a blast to meet up with everyone, put some marks on the hill, and see what happens. Shorty's pretty dangerous in the hero snow lol. Whatdaya say people? Get up from behind the keyboard and let's go.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I did the same thing on Sunday. I knew that there was no bonding with the new snow, so we stayed off the bigger stuff.

100_0808.jpg

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I always watch the snow when climbing, and I saw two small shifts in the snow. I knew it was time to turn out and as soon as I did it slid. I got bounced pretty good at the leading edge of it, freakin hit the kill switch:eek:, that will get your blood pumping when you are trying to get out of the way. The debris was still really soft and huge piles and holes, so you really couldn't climb over it afterward.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Can I play????????

Sam

Sure Sam but the same rules apply!! LOL, I pick the hill right off the trail!

And apparently you have nothing to worry about because a video of a sled at a distance show's what the conditions are like and how sleds run.

Mine doesnt run well from what I have been informed by the video dyno!;)

P.S It was great catching up with you the other night! Hope you didnt get in trouble cause I kept you out B.sing till late.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Colorado
Huge? :) LOL..

That is just a bit of sluf.. 6" fracture line..

Getting the same thing around here.. Sat while skiing we were getting sluf 2 feet deep... Nothing breaking any deeper and super fun to ride..

I'm sure it seemed big when you're right there watching it but, yeah I've seen way bigger than that. Glad noone got caught in it.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
I'm sure it seemed big when you're right there watching it but, yeah I've seen way bigger than that. Glad noone got caught in it.

Yep, that's just a girly slide. Come on up with us next weekend were going to plant pipe bombs down about 8 feet then blow them while we stand at the bottom in our birfday suits, videoing us shooting a moon up hill when it packs our crack:face-icon-small-win Ya, my ego is so huge it blocks out the sun:eek: lmao

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Yep, that's just a girly slide. Come on up with us next weekend were going to plant pipe bombs down about 8 feet then blow them while we stand at the bottom in our birfday suits, videoing us shooting a moon up hill when it packs our crack:face-icon-small-win Ya, my ego is so huge it blocks out the sun:eek: lmao

LMFAO!!

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Yes

You are probably right. Donnie's lilttle 2 stroke would be no match for MC's turbo. If we stipulate that, will MC and the rest of you meet us on the hill for a friendly wager?

You promise?

All The talkin is fun but how bout we say weekend after next we'll all meet at VP and we'll see who can climb what. Heck I'll put my stock 121 800 up against MC's turbo lol.

My ego does'nt travel. If you want to come down to Crested Butte I will be glad to show you around if you buy the beer.

By the way, you may want to ask our friend Corey about my sled BEFORE you make that wager.:D:beer;

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado
My ego does'nt travel. If you want to come down to Crested Butte I will be glad to show you around if you buy the beer.

By the way, you may want to ask our friend Corey about my sled BEFORE you make that wager.:D:beer;

Corey rides like a girl!! Maybe we will all have to get together and go to CB in the following weeks.

D
Nov 27, 2007
Why is this about ego? My ego is fine no complaints. I'm in it for fun and would enjoy riding with anyone that has a go for it attitude. Seems like there's plenty of that on the innerweb but no one actually takes it with them to the hill.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Sure Sam but the same rules apply!! LOL, I pick the hill right off the trail!

And apparently you have nothing to worry about because a video of a sled at a distance show's what the conditions are like and how sleds run.

Mine doesnt run well from what I have been informed by the video dyno!;)

P.S It was great catching up with you the other night! Hope you didnt get in trouble cause I kept you out B.sing till late.

There is no way I am playing by YOUR rules. It is going to have to be DEEP and at least 900' to 1200' vertical. Then maybe my lil ole Tapex will get her legs under her.

Trouble the other night??? No, my Wife is an Angel. She has to be to put up with me.LOL.

Oh yea. Alrevedup, this is in no way a bash, but I don't know if I would wager much with Dbook in these snow conditions right now. It may be a humbling experience. Also, we want to make one more trip to the Butte before it gets too warm. We should all meet up. Laugh it all off and have a good ride up in Robinson and the Dykes.

Sam

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Whenever someone says "hey look how great my sled is, I must be able to ride" I gotta wonder what they're hiding. ANY body can point a turbo up an open hill and look pretty good, but throw in some obstacles to slow ya up and make ya actually handle the beast on and off throttle and we'll see what's what. Not saying you can't, but i'm not afraid of being outridden by any turbos i've ridden with yet. And no, I haven't ridden with any seasoned riders on turbo's, just noobs, but it goes to show it ain't the sled. And no, I aint that good either, but I'm no couch slouch:cool: Come on up and i'll show....blah blah blah. I ain't driving 8 hours to ride there when I got the same thing in my back yard.....unless someone else is driving:D

Premium Features