• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 refresh

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
I bought this sled from a friend of mine last February.
Specs:
'05 M7 162 (black)
BDX power valve deletes
BDX intake
Koso pyro
Boss Noss
SLP Powder Pros (red)

And a box of extra parts
Speedwerx 925
Clutch parts

I rode it about 6 times last season.

I'm not one to leave things alone. So I tore it apart this fall and checked out what needed fixed. I got a rear float setup from Devilmanak last season. I had Finish Line Coatings in Cascade, ID powder coat the suspension pieces front and rear in a copper vein and black.
It still had the 14# muffler on it, and in all of my research and shopping I could not find what I wanted. I built a baffled tunnel dump muffler. It is nice and deep sounding.
I also installed the AMP rail brackets and their angled forward 2" riser block.

Pics to follow.

FORDpickupman

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
M7...

Fun light sled. the sled would run a lot better and get much better fuel mileage if you put the stock power valves back in it.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
by5a7e6y.jpg

qeqa9a2e.jpg

verymuqy.jpg

pa4a3avu.jpg

pebady6u.jpg

amu4e8aj.jpg

FORDpickupman

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
apu5esah.jpg

I put a vent in place of the original pipe outlet to allow air flow through the tub. It moved enough air at speed that it would try to blow the side panel off. So I added vents at the rear of the panels.

FORDpickupman

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
I'm waiting on the arrival of my black Powder Pro skis, rear bumper upgrade, and removal of the rest of the stickers.

I have been looking around at ideas for reducing snow build up on the boards. I like the idea of the EZ boards, but I like to build my own stuff. So I am plotting how I want them to look. I will also reduce the height of the teeth on the board edges. I'm tired of trying to saw my leg off.
The tunnel dump works awesome. AC should have built them this way.

FORDpickupman

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
m7

I mod m7's for cutomers, mostly clutching.

for tunnel, foreget the money boards, they build ice, cover your stock boards with plastic about the thickness of credit card and even up the side of the tunnel about 1/3 of the way.

In west mont riding, tight trees, steep and powder, M7 big bored, stock or turboed are underachievers until you gear them down. then look out, whole new sled.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
I was getting some powder on my belt, I ended up tearing the frog skin on my clutch screen. Guess ill be building a better on of those too. Perforated aluminum is pretty cool.

FORDpickupman

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
I made a new screen setup for the "shock-well" in front of the clutches. I used perforated aluminum with some filter material behind it. I made it go all the way to the top and added a hole in the tub above the clutch cover to push air over the clutches too.

We got about a foot of fine powder the other day, now it is getting in my side panel vent. I pulled it off and added filter material behind it too. Now I need to figure out how to repair/strengthen the knob/pivot on the rear of that panel. It is broken and will allow the panel to slide back.

Still devising some snow shedding boards.

FORDpickupman

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
The Power Claw is an awesome upgrade. Worth the effort. Like putting slicks on a big block powered Falcon.

I picked up a pair of Gripper skis, do they work on the Ms?

FORDpickupman

Premium Features