• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Driveshaft Bearing Replacement

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Working on a track swap on my 05 M7. Found the driveshaft bearings on the brake side were toast. It looks like I can either replace the 2 bearings with cat bearings for $43 each or buy a bearing kit by All Balls which includes the diamond drive bearings and seals for $76. Are the All Balls bearing kits any good? I have never had an issue with the diamond drive and always flush and fill every year with either cat or BDX oil. The sled has 4000 miles on it. The sled has a 06 diamond drive on it.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the all balls kit is fine and you don't have to use the dd bearings if you don't need to. the water kills them before the tolerances wear out.
you can also go down to your local bearing shop and pick them up too just take one with you.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
The price for the bearing from Cat dealers on line vary from $35-$43. BDX has them for $40. I found some cat bearings on ebay for $35 or best offer. I threw out a $25 offer each and had the offer accepted. I have read numerous complaints on motorcycle forums on the All Balls bearings.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I decided for piece of mind to disassemble the diamond drive for inspection. Found no metal debris and the bearings feel nice and smooth. I will clean it up, replace seals and reseal the case. Would brake cleaner be ok to clean the case, gears and bearings? or should I use the cat flush solution?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
brake cleaner is fine just keep it off the seals as it is hard on them.
All you have to do is just wipe it out no brake cleaner is needed.

Premium Features