• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 electrical??

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
So I did some testing last weekend on my sled. I've never had an issue with it before and I have ridden a few times this year. Halfway through the day it would die on me, it was like I hit the kill switch. It would start right up and run like a bat out of hell. It would start to die and I would hold it pinned and it would all of the sudden jump back as it started to die. It was really sporadic. It didn't sound like a bog and it didn't do it till half-way through the day and has never done it until that day. What could it be and how do I fix it, because when it runs, it pulls my arms off, but then it will just start to die, and then it will and will not fire up and run. Help.
This is the set up:
'09 M1000
SLP pipe kit
PCV
Cutlers clutching
Rox pivot riser
800 miles on the whole sled

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I would be looking at the pcv real close if you have different fuel box put it on and take it for a spin.my 1000 did not like the pcv i had a similar problem took the pcv off and never had it again

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
I plugged my computer into the PCV and it wouldn't retrieve a map, it wouldn't pull anything up. It didn't throw any codes or error messages, but I'm afraid you're right. The problem is that I love the PCV, it's so customizable but I'm gonna give Dynojet a call.

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
I want to check all of the grounds, too. Where are they all located? How many are there? I've thought about the TPS in the throttle, so I checked it, it's all tight, this sled was babied and set up by Cutler's I mean it only has 800 miles. Hopefully Dynojet has an answer, it really does seem like the box the more I think about though...

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I have two PC laptops and for some reason one will read my PCV one won't, I can't for the life of me figure it out but it definitely had me confused for a few days till I tried another computer, might be worth a shot. Did it say something like unable to receive map in the bottom corner or did it not notice it was plugged in at all?

I wish I could say where all the grounds are but I have no idea other then the ones you can obviously see.

R

redwolf_92

Feb 19, 2011
Wadena, Mn
Most of the grounds are pretty obvious. The one that can be a little tricky is just under the coolant bottle on the inside of the rail that runs along the right side of the motor. That wire has a tendency to get twisted up because it is double nutted on the inside of the right hand bulkhead rail and people will try to remove the bolt without taking the ground wire off.

I had trouble with getting my pcv to work with my laptop once and I found that it was the usb cable. The connector part was the right size and shape, but it was not long enough. I found a cable that a little longer piece of metal that slid in the connector on the pcv and all was good to go. Its worth a look.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I wonder if your having trouble with the smart valves in your fuel tank..??

you have to determine if your issue is spark or fuel..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

possible stator..??

next time it dies quickly pull a plug and squirt abit of fuel and see if it kicks..??

and as well get some split loom and put over your high tension leads as they rub together pretty good and pull your electrical plug connectors apart and smear dielectric grease in them and re assemble..

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
Exhaust Sensor

Turns out it was the exhaust temp sensor failing. It finally went, so I put another one on and it went again the first ride. What do you think is going on? Why is it burning through sensors???

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
ohh

yah those fail from time to time,, did you get code 17 finally?

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
Yeah it went and then I put another one in and it went on the next ride. So I put a resistor in place of it. But on top it bogs and cuts out randomly. I can smell gas very strongly, so I think my PCV is wayyy to rich and fouling the sensors and making it cut out and bog.

Premium Features