• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M series fuel tanks...

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
I'm not sure what to do now, cat does not build a replacement fuel tank for M series sleds anymore. Does Anyone know where to get some uncracked fuel tanks ( I have 5 cracked necks} i don't care if it's M6,M8. M1000 . i can change the pumps etc. Just need good tanks... P.s. tried trailtank good luck.....Thank you

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Hot staple and Plastic weld the tanks. Cheap and easy if its just the common filler neck cracks.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I've got the same, cracked filler neck on an '11 Crossfire 8; Looking to get it plastic welded (best fix) but have yet to find a welder who does plastic welding.
U can use a soldering iron to melt the plastic back together.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Make sure to buy/build a brace to provide some support from the back and forth forces that is stressing the tank in the first place. I still can believe that cat thought it was acceptable to have the tank being the only thing to stop back and forth movement.

F
Jan 3, 2008
Make sure to buy/build a brace to provide some support from the back and forth forces that is stressing the tank in the first place. I still can believe that cat thought it was acceptable to have the tank being the only thing to stop back and forth movement.
Hey BradM8 can you explain where the bracing needs to be done at? I am having a hard envisioning where a brace is needed.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
It's easy to repair yourself. I used filler from a HDPE plastic bottle (was a common cleaner spray bottle). Cut the plastic up into strips and applied with a soldering iron. Not hard...just make sure you are getting the plastics melted together...almost like laying a bead weld but much easier...just kinda d And mine was almost off the tank...only about an inch left holding it together. Works great now...no issue with anymore cracking or problems.

Premium Features