• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Mar. Snow Report

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
50% chance rain by noon Sunday at LTS 90% chance by 7PM

60% chance turning into snow by Sunrise Monday

then 60-80 % chance snow till sunrise Wed 23 MAR

The forecast for Truckee is 1/2 in rain then 4-12 inches snow at 6200 feet.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We got about 8 inches of fresh out of this storm at the house. Staging on the 07 Road is at Independence turn off. The groomer was out last night . Suns out and it looks to be a beautiful snowmobile day .

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
New Snow

We got some great snow today. More then I thought we were going to get. 6" to 8" here at the house. This should help the 07 road for a day or two. Tomorrow up top is going to be awesome.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Great to see the snow still coming for you.

Forecasters are predicting SOCAL is done for the season with 60% of normal precipitation for the season.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
They started plowing the 07 Road two days ago to Perrazzo. I have not been down there but heard there's lots of pavement showing . Hopefully they'll be done today and open the road.

S
Apr 30, 2011
The guy running a blade up there yesterday said two more weeks before they open it up. The packed ice has to melt. That was his guess anyways.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Well that's BS. I've heard there's like a mile and a half of pavement. I'm seeing lots of wore out carbides. The groomer just came by. We have some awesome spring riding right now . I'm taking my jeep down there today. I'll see what's up.

R
Jan 31, 2013
Reno, NV
Thanks for all the updates Track Man. Hoping to catch a spring ride tomorrow but not sure where we can stage with a trailer. If you get down there today would love to know what you think.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Here is a Pic. of the 07 road at Perrazzo Meadow turn off. All plowed out and ready to go. There were two spots of snow about 100' long in the 4 mile stretch. By the time we came back last night they were almost melted out. They need to get up here and open the road.

IMG_0223.jpg

R
Jan 31, 2013
Reno, NV
We drove in about a mile to the Hennessy road cutoff (they had road closed signs blocking road there and decided not to risk a ticket). Pretty rough finding snow for a couple miles until you get high enough but was great spring riding above independence lake and towards cattle peak.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
They came back yesterday to finish the road plowing. There is still one spot about 200 feet long that they didn't finish. I tried to make it but got stuck. I had to walk 2 miles+ to my jeep and get the truck out. Well the 07 road is still closed. We have some of the best Spring conditions right now and no one can get here.

DSC07180.jpg DSC07182.jpg

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
They got the road open to Perrazzo Meadows turn off today. From there the snow is melting fast on the hill up to Lake of the Woods. It's good to go for now.

DSC07184.jpg

scootdog

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2011
SF Bay Area Now, Tahoe soon
Got up to the peak South of weber lake. Lots of pavement showing on road past perrazzo. The lower road was pretty melted out fort first few miles. Tons of dirt patches.

After you got up it was all good. It was an awesome day. Need to get the road plowed to yuba pass turn off

IMG956353.jpg IMG956352.jpg

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Should've just drove past the sign until you hit snow . I really don't think they're going to give anybody a ticket . They really don't want people driving down the road with their carbide.

scootdog

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2011
SF Bay Area Now, Tahoe soon
Yeah I should've there was a Sno-Cat parked past the sign blocking the road. I didn't want to run my carbides on pavement either, took the lower dirt road past perrazzo.

How far past the sign till you reach solid snow on the road?

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Yeah I should've there was a Sno-Cat parked past the sign blocking the road. I didn't want to run my carbides on pavement either, took the lower dirt road past perrazzo.

How far past the sign till you reach solid snow on the road?

Top of the hill just before Lake Of The Wood turn off. About 1/2 of a mile.

motorheadskier

Lifetime Membership
Mar 30, 2012
Truckee, CA
you can drive to Webber lake... I didn't see anything that said you can't drive past this point. lots of snow past Webber. People are driving crawlers to Jackson but there is still sledding to be had.

Premium Features