• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost Lake 3-6-10

I

I_boondock

Nov 6, 2001
Anchorage, AK
Deeeeeeeep! Good day, even with the flat light. Lots of fun in the trees. :face-icon-small-hap

LL361001.jpg

LL361004.jpg

LL361002.jpg

LL361003.jpg

LL361005.jpg

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Why does it have to dump while I'm on the slope?!?!?!?!? Thanks for posting though, looks like great snow.

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Lost Lake

Hey guys,

I was up there on the 6th also. Heres some info for anyone that wants to go. We went up Primrose side and the trail was perfect. Very little slush at the bottom, and good snow the whole way up, no ice was on the trail at all. We were the first ones to the top, I didnt even see previous tracks that had been snow covered. We passed a group of 3 or 4 on our way to the top. Once we got to the top and actually started to ride, we were all stuck in about 30 seconds. It was that deep. We had 2 155 dragons and a 162 arctic cat. If you check the snow stake on the weather cam it up to the 9 ft mark, on friday when I last looked at it before I left it was at the 7 ft mark. So it will probably be even deeper. MAKE SURE YOU BRING A SHOVEL IF YOU GO. Let me put it like this, we did more digging than riding IMO. On top of all this, When I just looked at the weather cam before posting this, there getting more snow right now. National weather website is also stating a BLIZZARD ADVISORY until late tonight or tomorrow morning. ENJOY THE RIDE

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Over 18" of fresh already today and still dumping. Full on blizzard down this way today. I can feel a sick day coming on when this one breaks towards the end of the week! :face-icon-small-ton

Dec 3, 2007
Thanks...and something to think about

Hey thanks for the post and video...great job! I noticed one of you crew wearing a white parka/white helmet...it looks cool, but in avalanche country it may mean the difference between being found in time or not. Something to consider. Perhaps I am a big chicken, but I even paint my bunny boots flourcent orange- easy to find if its the only thing sticking out of the snow and nobody "accidentally" puts on my boots.-Tim

M
Nov 27, 2007
Mulletville, AK.
You have got to be kidding?

Hey thanks for the post and video...great job! I noticed one of you crew wearing a white parka/white helmet...it looks cool, but in avalanche country it may mean the difference between being found in time or not. Something to consider. Perhaps I am a big chicken, but I even paint my bunny boots flourcent orange- easy to find if its the only thing sticking out of the snow and nobody "accidentally" puts on my boots.-Tim
This is the second time you have brought this up. Seriously, do you have any formal avalanche training? I don't mean to be condescending but with proper equipment and recovery techniques clothing and or helmet color has very little to do with a successful recovery.

BTW, both of the riders in the report wear avi packs with a VERY LARGE inflatable yellow bags, do you really think it matters what color we chose to gear up with. Get some training man.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
This is the second time you have brought this up. Seriously, do you have any formal avalanche training? I don't mean to be condescending but with proper equipment and recovery techniques clothing and or helmet color has very little to do with a successful recovery.

BTW, both of the riders in the report wear avi packs with a VERY LARGE inflatable yellow bags, do you really think it matters what color we chose to gear up with. Get some training man.

ahhh, man, you beat me to it! and i thought he wore the white helmet and coat for camo from the abominable snowman???

Premium Features