• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking to upgrade sleds... Torn between M800 and Pro 800

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i have a ’13 pro climb with all the ’14 updates done.
i will be getting a Pro next.

i demoed a pro all day last Thursday. my thoughts:
the pro climb “felt” more powerful. but in drag races, the pro put the power to the snow better beat my pro climb every time.

the pro imho sidehills way better than the cat. it gets on edge and stays there. the cat wants to fall back flat.

the pro seemed tighter and more refined.

the suspension didn’t really seem much different to me.

the pro held way less snow than my pro climb

i’m not too concerned about the reliability now, i will have a 3 year warranty and the dealer is local now.

i will keep the pro climb as a back-up/buddy sled

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Jman,
Here's my opinion from someone who owns a lightly modded 08 700 RMK and a 14 Pro 800. Your 700 is a very capable machine.

If you can squeeze another season out of it, I'd wait until the next generation of the Pro 800 comes out next year. Rumor is a more powerful engine and perhaps the engine design will be more reliable. However, if you must have a "new" sled, there are tons of lightly used '14 for sale and many great offers on leftovers.

Let us know what you decide.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Hoping to get some feedback on both the M8000 and PRO RMK. Mostly just need feedback on the 12-14 Cats, No one in my riding group has one yet so I haven't gotten to really hear anything about them. I have ridden both a 600 and an 800 pro and love the chassis, but the concerns of the quick drive and motor reliability have me worried. How do they stack up against each other for mountain riding?

Little info:

I'll be upgrading from a 08 RMK 700 with a Pro chassis under it. I Ride in the cascades, so never see much of the fluffy light stuff. I really like technical Hillclimb and boondocking, not so much into the big chutes, and I'd place myself at an "intermediate" skill level.

Crazy, i had a 08 iq 700 rmk.

I bought a 2014 pro rmk. It was a easy jump. Only problem was the pro goes far more places my trenching 700 went. I was always questioning can i go there? And then wholy **** im making it threw this!

Im sure you be happy on both but its nice to ride in a group of same brands for trouble shooting, part trading or borrowing tools.

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
Rode with a 13 or 14 proclimb yesterday. Seem to be comparable in 2ft of pow, with edge to the proclimb because of the better rider.(I'm still learning)Like mentioned earlier, ride them both then decide, you can't go wrong.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features