• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lithium Battery for E Start ? ['21 Axys Pro RMK 850]

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
A few days ago, I wandered into Batteries Plus. Noticed Lithium batteries similar in size to my original, and boasting the same 270 CCA. Now that I have my new sled in hand [i.e. in garage] I'm going to pull the battery and take some measurements. While the 1/3 scale battery from WPS sort of worked, some of the time, I'm thinking full CCA and maybe 3-4 lbs is still significantly better than the 16 lb lead acid battery. Price was roughly $130.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
A few days ago, I wandered into Batteries Plus. Noticed Lithium batteries similar in size to my original, and boasting the same 270 CCA. Now that I have my new sled in hand [i.e. in garage] I'm going to pull the battery and take some measurements. While the 1/3 scale battery from WPS sort of worked, some of the time, I'm thinking full CCA and maybe 3-4 lbs is still significantly better than the 16 lb lead acid battery. Price was roughly $130.
If you just want to replace existing battery in an Axys RMK, you have to make sure of dimensions and post orientation, the correct WPS battery is 330 CCA if I recall correctly, got it off ebay for a little over $150, had spacer blocks that snapped into the bottom to make it sit right in the factory holder.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
If you just want to replace existing battery in an Axys RMK, you have to make sure of dimensions and post orientation, the correct WPS battery is 330 CCA if I recall correctly, got it off ebay for a little over $150, had spacer blocks that snapped into the bottom to make it sit right in the factory holder.

Perfect timing - I have the dimensions of my orig and started looking for one this morning - but didn't find yet. Any chance you have the battery model # or PN ? TIA !

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Perfect timing - I have the dimensions of my orig and started looking for one this morning - but didn't find yet. Any chance you have the battery model # or PN ? TIA !
Linky to the one I bought:

Premium Features