• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LinQ question re; non-LinQ bracketed tunnel bag.

R
Nov 16, 2016
I like my tunnel bag. However, it is not a LinQ system bag. Instead, it uses the LinQ brackets for 4 hold down quick-clip straps.
The bag sits directly down against the tunnel, and as a result it can get rather warm.

So on to my question:
Is there a LinQ system mounting style plate (or equivalent) that uses 4 LinQ tunnel brackets, yet would allow my 4 straps to attach to it?
I'm not looking for a basket, just some type of mounting plate.
I could also make my own plate arrangement, and then incorporate 4 LinQ male brackets, if something like that is available.

My goal is to get the bag up and away from direct contact with the tunnel.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I built my own. I have a fairly slim Polaris bag that I use most days, holds what I need. I added an aluminum piece to the bottom, inside of the bag, and the bolt-on Linq brackets to the side. A bit of shimming with some spacers to get the width right and it has been great. Sits just a bit above the tunnel so no rubbing and doesn’t affect cooling. Awesome to be able to remove it instantly and also can swap between the other Linq bags and accessories as needed. Can get you some pics if you like... ?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
there are mounting plates/surfaces out there that do what you describe. i ran one for awhile but it didn't use the linq brackets, it used the holes that the linq brackets would normally attach to and then you attach your straps to that.

cargo-rack-20-for-linq.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

R
Nov 16, 2016
MTC, would you please post a picture or two of the LinQ fittings that you used?
Perhaps part numbers as well!

R
Nov 16, 2016
jcjc1, thank you..... those are great. I like the simplicity of the plate unit.
However,
...... I don't necessarily want a basket style as in your second photo.
..... I want to keep the original LinQ mounts on my tunnel so that I have the ability to switch.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
@Rick E
You can flip the plate over to have raised rails on either side to wrap your straps around. You can keep your LinQ brackets on the tunnel, add the mating brackets to the plate, and you'll have a removable plate with a small air gap that will hold your bag.

peakperf

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Cranbrook, BC
The plate unit in jcjc1's post will accept skidoo linQ levers bolted to the sides which allow it to function as a linQ rack. Skidoo part number for the linQ levers is 715001707 for a pair. You will need 2 kits for the rack. The plate is called a Cargo Rack 2.0 and made by White Out Technologies.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I used these brackets. They aren’t expensive and it sure is nice being able to remove, relocate or reposition your “attachments”

Because they bolt on, the only limitation for an installation is your creativity. ?

My sleds are out at the lake but I’ll get you some pics next time I’m out there. That top “adapter plate” as seen in the post above looks to be the most potentially useful but also pretty easy to duplicate. The following one looks as though it could double as a BBQ grill.... ?

D77EC47B-9F4E-4E65-9C87-12A6954C1E68.png

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
All the parts can be purchased individually , I will be putting the linQ snowmobile tool box on a completely different machine when it shows up . Like said above , creativity , have you noticed that there is no BRP or Skidoo branding on them now .
Only complaint would be that the lever can be a little resistant locking in but that is easily fixed with a knife or file other than that minor deviation it's the best tie down locking system out there .
I have no idea why there would be any complaints , doesn't even come in contact with what underlies the brackets ,

R
Nov 16, 2016
Thank you guys for the ideas.

While riding just this last weekend, one of the guys showed me a bracket by a company called Millennium (he was not 100% certain, and will get back to me).
What ever this was, it incorporated the LinQ lock-down mounts.
I've tried searching for this unit, but can't find it.

I may go ahead and order the 4 mounts (that MountainTrashCat showed us) and then snap them into the 4 female LinQ tunnel mounts.
Then measure the distance between them so that I can have a piece of aluminum broken at the correct dimension. I would then attach the male mounts to the vertical areas of the aluminum.

All I want is some clearance between my bag and the tunnel.

I suppose that I could also design it as to accommodate my small Pelican case for my drone.

Last edited:
Premium Features