• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lightwieght battery for es

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Cv Customs lightweight e-start kit

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Earth X has a good one too. Just a bit bigger, probably fits in the stock battery tray better. Used in my Cat and always cranked.

I have an anti gravity in my Matryx. It’s a much better fit if not using the stock battery tray. Nice light and small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
WPS Featherweight Lithium battery is far less expensive than earthX.

You do have to pull start in the morning when it is cold, but twist the key the rest of the day.

Used this one on multiple sleds.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Bumping this up because it's a fantastic solution.

Weight wise it eliminates just over 13 pounds from the factory e-start with the lead acid battery.

The weight of the CV customs kit (including the antigravity battery) is the same as the factory bracket assembly alone (just over 2 pounds).

Highly recommended.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just started sled when below zero all night. Hit it once and barely cranked. Waited one second and hit it again and cranked pretty good. Let off key and immediately hit it and it started. Believe it was 5 below. Never pull started a cv customs kit. I did pull start my wife's 9r but that was because it wasn’t engaging on the clutch. Battery was fine.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Indeed, with the lithium ion batteries, you need to warm them up kindly. That means cranking for two seconds, then waiting 30 seconds, then repeat the step again if it doesn't go on the second try. Just like what the dirt bike manuals say- they come standard with a li-ion.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Cv Customs lightweight e-start kit

Definitely recommend. Love mine - warm it just a bit by cranking a few seconds and then wait a few and she fires right up even on the coldest days. When I installed mine I weighed everything I took out not counting the battery and then everything I put back in including the battery and it was only a few ounces more so basically I saved the weight of an entire battery or about 13 lbs which is exactly what CV Customs claims. The cost is only slightly more than the WPS lithium battery that fits in your original battery box. And this battery is supposed to last alot longer than the original.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Another vote for cv customs nice kit and you can change the qd belt without taking anything apart.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Love my CV setup as well.

Sleds sat outside a little below 0 and fired right up. Haven't had to pull it yet. Clean simple install. Very happy with it.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Love my CV customs kit. It’s awesome and his entire kit is lighter than the Polaris battery bracket alone. Just finishing up my second season with it and it works great.

Premium Features