• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see some "Cold air" turbo intakes

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
OVS Charge Tube

I have the ovs set up and want to do the snorkle but the charge tube is shaped differnt than boondockers,it goes right over the top, it is basically in the way of were the 90 would go, anyone else been able to work around this, any ideas would be great.

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
Ovs charge tube

Snowedunder, I am in the same boat, I would like to put a CAI on my OVS kit as well. Maybe I'll have to see if I can fab something up

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
charge tube

I wonder if the boondocker charge tube would line up to the ovs air box,because it looks like it comes off the turbo the way we want it to?
Any info would be great. Thanks.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
After reading this thread, you guys convince me to give it a try. After 1 quick ride seems to do everything you guys said it would. Thanks:beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1352693805969.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1352693859632.jpg

W

WITHERS

Sep 19, 2009
After reading this thread, you guys convince me to give it a try. After 1 quick ride seems to do everything you guys said it would. Thanks:beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Can you post pics with the hood open and maybe a shot from above looking straight down where it comes through the hood
Thankx

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
cai

Nice job, are you still able to open your hood without to much problems, you must have to at least remove the filter first.

V

VRod

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
My setup. Tried it with the intake lower, but it doesn't cut it when the snow is deep. This seems to work best.

The intake doesn't get covered. Constant airflow even on the deepest days.
Can open the hood without taking anything off using a flexible base piece.
When rolling the sled the handlebars keep the intake from taking on the weight of the sled.
With the intake angled in towards the sled it isn't an issue when riding in the jungle.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

Sno Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
The hole in my hood is the same size as the filter and the 90 is flexible enough that I can open the hood without removing the filter

J

Jamesrulz

Nov 17, 2010
This is on a stage 1 cutler I used 4 inch collapsable plastic hose and k&n tapered filter. My plan was if I have a role over it will push the filter under the hood instead of ripping it off. I tried it yesterday in mcbride seemed to work good. My boondocker box said I hit 225 on a long pull still pretty hot but I would bet its better then having it under the hood.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1356373647761.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1356373672635.jpg

S

summithd

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
www.summithdfilms.com
You're gonna want to put that intake up a bit on the deeper days. I can tell u from experience that u will be one disappointed rider when that time comes if u leave it as is.

This is on a stage 1 cutler I used 4 inch collapsable plastic hose and k&n tapered filter. My plan was if I have a role over it will push the filter under the hood instead of ripping it off. I tried it yesterday in mcbride seemed to work good. My boondocker box said I hit 225 on a long pull still pretty hot but I would bet its better then having it under the hood.

J

Jamesrulz

Nov 17, 2010
I have it set up so I can push it back down under the hood if it gives me any trouble. I am worried if I have it to high up it will get ripped off.

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
On a cpc kit, how would it work if a guy ran a smooth flexible hose(not the dryer vent stuff) up and had the prefilter behind the windshield just to the right of the guage cluster? (between the handlebars and guage area)

Would this work well or does the prefilter need to come out on the side of the hood like everyone seems to be going with?

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
Has anyone tried doing a cold air intake through the headlight Pod! Basically just use the same stuff out of hood intakes use like cage a 90 and a tube running up into the headlight pod! Using headlight vents and dash vents to bring air flow! Have a heat sheild closing the bottom of the headlight pod from underhood heat with a hole small enough for filter to fit through when opening and closing the hood!

Seems to me with good venting in the headlights and dash vents to create a good flow of air it would have all the advantages of out of hood intake with the protection from the trees and deep snow that out of hood style intakes suffer from!

Has anyone done this? It would be very simalar to a twisted cold air intake!

Premium Features