• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LED LIGHT KIT

B
Dec 14, 2015
So it seems there is really only one brand for light bar kits for snowbikes and for us Canadians they are extremely expensive with the dollar. They are a fantastic product don't get me wrong but $$$$$$.
I have made a couple light kits for friends in the last little while and am thinking of possibly making some for sale. Im curious if anyone would be interested in purchasing plug and play light kits for KTM or Yamaha. There is an option for 6" or 10" light bars complete with mount, wire harness and handle bar switch. The 6" kit would be around $180 Canadian plus shipping. I am still working out details on the 10" but my guess is $270. The 6 inch will work on any efi ktm with a battery. Yamaha 450Fs will cost $15 more as they do need a modified harness. I am just curious if there is a demand for them.

led bar.png

Last edited:
B
Dec 14, 2015
1080 on the 6 inch. The lights are nothing extraordinary but the work just fine for getting you down the trail at the end of the day and doing the odd night ride.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
same old story. if you dont want to do any work, you're gonna pay.

i have a nightriderled.com light on mine and it works pretty good. think i paid $65 for 1800 lumen. make a little mount, solder on a deutz connector and its a done deal.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I went down this road and built my own for my ride , did a head light delete built the frame , fitted venting, used the stock spring so it's adjustable and it turned out to be actually pretty darn nice and than I bought one of those expensive plug and play for her's .

What a waste of fricken time , plugged hers in and fired it up and wanted to walk over to mine and put my foot to it .

No comparison some times you get what you pay for .

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
apples and oranges

We welcome guys doing there own thing, its good all the way around. But lets talk apples to apples.
We also know our Canadian friends are hurting with the current dollar values. I wish we could do something about that, but that is way over our heads.

There are hundreds of Chinese lights out there for a fraction of what we charge for our Penetrator light bars. You can find them under just about every name under the sun. We know there is a market for these, and at face value they look good, but...
The difference is quality. a lumen rating on an LED light means very little, if not nothing. A higher lumen rating does not mean you will see farther or more, in fact in most cases quite the opposite.
What matter to most are beam patterns (optics), low power draw, Electronic Thermal management and a light that works when you need it most.
It is simple.. you get what you pay for. I can't think of anything more relevant to that saying than what has been going on in the LED market for the last few years.
Since starting business in 02 we have seen it all.

IMO a light is the last thing you want to skimp on. What happens when your out in the backcountry at night and that special deal suddenly is not so special?
Saving a few bucks only to spend it again is not really saving anything.
Buy quality, buy once, and forget about it.

Premium Features