• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim lochsa

C
Dec 25, 2019
I know this has been beaten to death but before I drop $900 on a monosuit I need to make sure im ordering the right size. I'm 6'1" and 235 I just tried my buddies xl and while it fit it was a little tight in the armpits whats the difference between the XL and 2xl I feel like i could make the XL work but I want to be comfortable any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know this has been beaten to death but before I drop $900 on a monosuit I need to make sure im ordering the right size. I'm 6'1" and 235 I just tried my buddies xl and while it fit it was a little tight in the armpits whats the difference between the XL and 2xl I feel like i could make the XL work but I want to be comfortable any help would be appreciated

My issue tends to be how the thigh fits when I am seated. I have two of these suits, LOVE LOVE LOVE them. 6ft, 205lbs, XL is super good fit for me. I can wear the large, but it’s snug on COLD days around my thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Dec 25, 2019
So when I bend my arms in a XL and touch my elbows the sleeves ride up a bit and it's tight on my back I'm not a fat guy 6' 230 but I just don't want to get a 2xl and be swimming in it. I have a monosuit from a different company and its a 2xl and it fits and isn't to baggy but I knownklim stuff is just a little different

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I would wait until your size and weight stabilize because you have lost 5# and gotten an inch shorter in only a few hours :p

I would not buy something that you know up front is too tight because it will never fit like you want Unless you know you will get smaller. If you were in a rush and needed something, maybe, but you have plenty of time to find something that fits better. Call the manufacturers and discuss. If you have to order it to try it on, maybe they will let you return it if it doesnt fit.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Well,

If it helps, I'm 6 foot and about 250....Not fat but just "bigger" lol. 52" chest and 36" waist size and I have a Lochsa in an XL and it works just fine. I tried the 2XL and it just seamed like the waist and mid section just got bigger. I liked the arm length a tick better on the 2XL but I didn't want the mid section and azz area being huge and hanging either. Plus I don't wear a lot of heavy stuff for my mid layer. Typically where the Klim Inferno top and bottom and on rare occasion the thicker Klim Everest top and bottom.

C
Dec 25, 2019
How much bigger is it going from xl to 2xl like really noticable or just a bit bigger I don't mind if it's a little bigger as the monosuit I have now is a little on the baggy side

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
Im 6'2, 190 lbs i wear the xl. Fits good. On cold days or the evening ride down the mtn i have a inner layer from a diffenet jacket i put on under the lochsa then the suit is a bit tight but its better then being cold. Without the extra layer tho its fine. I usually always have a layer of marino wool on also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I found that the Lochsa and the Ripsa fit differently in the same size. Tight shoulders in the Lochsa and perfect fit in the Ripsa. Go figure.

Tight fit around the armpits drives me crazy. Same with baggy rear end. Short stocky guy problems... :)

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
The 2xl is just a bit bigger than the XL you won't swim in it. I'm 6'3" 270# and found even in the 2XL it was tight in the shoulders. It was restrictive and uncomfortable to raise my arms to or above shoulder height. I decided the Klim fit wasn't for me.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The 2xl is just a bit bigger than the XL you won't swim in it. I'm 6'3" 270# and found even in the 2XL it was tight in the shoulders. It was restrictive and uncomfortable to raise my arms to or above shoulder height. I decided the Klim fit wasn't for me.

Did you happen to go with a tall or regular fit?

I would also agree that the Lochsa and the Ripsa do fit a little different. I also think the original Lochsa compared to the newer Lochsa and Ripsa also fit a tick different.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Did you happen to go with a tall or regular fit?

I would also agree that the Lochsa and the Ripsa do fit a little different. I also think the original Lochsa compared to the newer Lochsa and Ripsa also fit a tick different.
I think it was a regular fit as I have short legs for my height and a long torso. Tall models are usually too long in the leg for me and I step on the back of the cuff.

L
Jan 6, 2020
I found that the Lochsa and the Ripsa fit differently in the same size. Tight shoulders in the Lochsa and perfect fit in the Ripsa. Go figure.

Tight fit around the armpits drives me crazy. Same with baggy rear end. Short stocky guy problems... :)
I had the same experience comparing the Lochsa and Ripsa in Medium. The Lochsa was nice but too tight in the shoulders and down the back. Seems like this is a common sizing issue for Lochsa.

Premium Features