• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kill switch replacement on XP

M
Dec 11, 2007
Billings, Montana
I broke my kill switch and could use some help replacing it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to remove the pin connectors out of the plastic electrical housing? I think the pin connector is held in by a couple little tabs and there must be a trick to getting them out without breaking it.

Skidoox600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Hey,

I've done a bunch if kill switches and hand warmers. I cut the wire close to the pins and get a punch and push them out forwards.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
I broke my kill switch and could use some help replacing it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to remove the pin connectors out of the plastic electrical housing? I think the pin connector is held in by a couple little tabs and there must be a trick to getting them out without breaking it.
use a dental pick, on the bottom of the pin (the side that the small clamps are bent around the wire) push in and down while gently pulling on the wire. there are 2 metal tabs on the pin that click past a plastic tab inside the connector housing.

M
Feb 23, 2009
Aurora Co.
Forget the ski-doo kill switch and buy a Suzuki RM kill switch and wire it in. It is very easy to do and you will not break it as it is small, and durable, where the doo switch is not either, plus you have to hold it down for a second to kill the motor instead of accidently making contact with it at the wrong time and killing your sled.

Premium Features