• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos 146 2.0 or 2.6 Track??

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Gotta believe it's the same driver and driveshaft as the 146 2.6. The OEMs are getting pretty good at parts commonality and manufacturability across models.

J
Nov 12, 2012
I didnt ask if the 2.6 came with the qd2 because was only searching for the 2.0. There was some confusion on polaris end for sure because they did say it came with the qd2 at first and then verified the 146 2.0 came with the qd1. Im thinking in both 2.0 and 2.6 it comes with the qd1 and the 155 gets the qd2. The drivers im assuming are the same for both the 146s and they should have different gearing depending on track.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I don't really have an answer to the OP question, but did just figure this would be a great place to remind folks what an awesome, amazing sled this will be fore beginners and people who don't weigh as much, so I suppose I'm especially speaking about the ladies and the teenagers. Even for us deep in the west where trail riding is a zero concern for us, if you have somebody who is pretty new and/or pretty lightweight, I really think this will be THE sled to have. And in that case, the 2.6 would absolutely be the right track for them as well.

J
Jan 15, 2021
I just snow checked 146 slash 9r with a 2” track. I’m just not sure if I should go with the 2.6”. I ride trails and mountains about 50/50. Technical riding in Maine I’m just wondering if I’ll be disappointed with the 2” track and not make it anywhere. Will the 2” make it through east coast pow? Just second guessing my decision and think I should switch to 2.6”. Thoughts?

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
If you like to go fast down the trail you will want the qd1. The qd2 tops out like 75mph.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Pretty easy to swap tracks on this sled with QD, even with gearing change. Plus, there are lower priced track options, e.g., 1.6 Cobra and 2.5 Camo X, that would provide a wide range of purpose, and ability to fit to your style/conditions. Poo's 2.6 146 isn't cheap.

tommy100

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
I have a 2022 Kahos Slash 850 with a 2”, just did a trip in an easy three feet of powder in fairly flat terrain, sled went through the deep snow excellent, never got me stuck and was real playful sled, I am 220 pounds, havent had it to the mountains yet.

J
Jan 15, 2021
Pretty easy to swap tracks on this sled with QD, even with gearing change. Plus, there are lower priced track options, e.g., 1.6 Cobra and 2.5 Camo X, that would provide a wide range of purpose, and ability to fit to your style/conditions. Poo's 2.6 146 isn't cheap.
So if I did get a 2.5 track I’d have to adjust the gearing?

J
Jan 15, 2021
I have a 2022 Kahos Slash 850 with a 2”, just did a trip in an easy three feet of powder in fairly flat terrain, sled went through the deep snow excellent, never got me stuck and was real playful sled, I am 220 pounds, havent had it to the mountains yet.
Nice! Yeah I’m about 225 without gear and even in Maine we do a fair amount in deep snow flat or hilly terrain. Only a few areas where you hit a shoot to the peak. I’ll stay with the 2 and worst case I’ll buy a 2.5 for my 2-3 Maine trips a year

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Required, not, especially below 6k. The 146 QD is the original QD gearing. The 800 at higher elevations benefited from a gear reduction with QD using a belt kit like TKIs. 800 HO benefited abit less. The 850 NA does kick out more hp, QD2 is geared lower, so poo did move to more hp and lower gears. Elevation, clutching, your riding weight, track lug height, etc., all personal preference. If you did a QD kit gearing changes are pretty easy.

J
Jan 15, 2021
Required, not, especially below 6k. The 146 QD is the original QD gearing. The 800 at higher elevations benefited from a gear reduction with QD using a belt kit like TKIs. 800 HO benefited abit less. The 850 NA does kick out more hp, QD2 is geared lower, so poo did move to more hp and lower gears. Elevation, clutching, your riding weight, track lug height, etc., all personal preference. If you did a QD kit gearing changes are pretty easy.
Ok makes sense. Thanks

Premium Features