• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kevin Ward Jr killed from running ino the path of fellow racer.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
100% what happened. you are a complete idiot if you can't see that stewart swerved at him and hit the gas.

You should look at the video again, the car jerks to the right because of the impact with kevin. Pick a point of reference to where kevin is standing then as the car blocks view of kevin you can see that "swerv" is from striking kevin and not from "trying" to hit him.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

It was an article quoting another driver that was on the track that night saying that Tony was not to blame for the mishap.

But of course many of you "experts" know more about how it all happened than another driver that was on the track at the very same time.:face-icon-small-con

Last edited:
W

waxer

Nov 2, 2012
One article I read said this was to be expected .

tt m1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2010
Tioga, ND

He is NOT GUILTY!!! I have dirt track raced since I was 16 and #1 he is NOT supposed to get out of the car... And going around the corner with the banked corners, you can't just let off the throttle and the car just goes down (don't work that way) u have to use throttle to turn!! So if he is in mid turn and just seen the car and not the kid tell the last second, you would have to hit the throttle and try going around him!! I personally would have drove the same way! I feel sorry that the kid passed away but he should have waited until they where in the pits to try and resolve his problems.

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
TT I have to agree with you... I have a run dirt cars since I was 18. Never ever get out of the car unless shes burning and if you have to for gods sake head for the infield! the media has no idea how our cars turn, they see tony gassing it and think he was going for him or trying to sling him....Not one bit true as those of us who do race know that emergence turning is blip the throttle turn in and tap the brakes to transfer the weight over the front axle to steer! And none of them Have ever sat in a 410 sprint with a full containment seat suited up with a Hans device you just flat *** cannot see anything that is not just off the front corners or staright ahead of you. Along with dim and dusted tracks and the fact there is no clutch between 700 to 800+hp and the track. And by far the worst thing a driver can do is wear black! I Wear a red and white suit with reflective piping just to avoid being hit in the pits.

But what can we do Poor tony will be hanged for doing all the right things, by people who have never even stepped foot on the grandstands at a bull ring... I have seen it happen at west coast tracks too many times. My track had a very very unfortunate thing like this happen a few years ago and the family of the driver who died Had to plead with the DA not to pursue charges over a racing accident (tore All in our racing community up quite bad too see a family whom had lost a loved one have to fight a battle like this)

Sorry if I am ranting but after Seeing this happen to another driver it tears me up quite badly to see this happen all over again accidents happen tony was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kevin ward knew what could happen on that track and he paid the price. But Death is something we drivers make peace each time we pull our harness tight and flip the MAG on

Premium Features