• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kablam......

M

mtibby800

Nov 28, 2007
Idaho
Berg, I can't tell you how many times I've been there. Sorry about the hawk it is good to here your ok. :eek:

E

eeberg

Dec 7, 2007
Naples, ID
Finally starting repairs again

So, after being gone for some schooling for half the year, a career change, and a move, I'm finally ready to start tearing into it again.

Got a new job up in Pinedale, Wyoming and finally found a house. Hawk has been in storage for most of the year up until last week. Now I just have to unpack the garage enough for me to start working on my 2 broken motors.

Had to get out at least once already, so when the family was in town helping move last Saturday, we rented a few sleds and rode down at the sinks in Northern Utah. I would have given Steve a call, but it was last minute, and I'm sure he didn't want to ride with all the Newbies on sleds. :) Still a great day and about 1.5 feet of fresh snow.

I'll let you know when I get something accomplished.

-Berg

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Old thread but still the same issues.. A Friend just told me about his 09 xp 800 with less than 350 miles blowing up.. needless to say hes not a happy camper..Im so glad I went with good old American iron..

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I hadn't heard of a problem with the 800 engines. Is there some inherent issue with them and if so, what can be done to keep them alive as long as possible?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I hadn't heard of a problem with the 800 engines. Is there some inherent issue with them and if so, what can be done to keep them alive as long as possible?

I personally know of 3 new xps with under 500 miles with blown motors..
I think they changed something recently.. your hawk mill should be fine..

Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
Welcome back!

So, after being gone for some schooling for half the year, a career change, and a move, I'm finally ready to start tearing into it again.

Got a new job up in Pinedale, Wyoming and finally found a house. Hawk has been in storage for most of the year up until last week. Now I just have to unpack the garage enough for me to start working on my 2 broken motors.

Had to get out at least once already, so when the family was in town helping move last Saturday, we rented a few sleds and rode down at the sinks in Northern Utah. I would have given Steve a call, but it was last minute, and I'm sure he didn't want to ride with all the Newbies on sleds. :) Still a great day and about 1.5 feet of fresh snow.

I'll let you know when I get something accomplished.

-Berg

Glad to hear you are finally getting back to the hawk repairs Berg. Sad that the nearest hawker to me is now in Pinedale but not a bad place. We go to Freemont every year so maybe I will see you when we visit. Hope to see you at hawkfest.

Brad

Premium Features