• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

K MOD Rear skid test results

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Got a K Mod rear skid installed in the turbo nytro about a month ago and have been testing. I just thought I would post results for those that are interested. I use the Ice Age rails and am using a zbros front shock. This skid is awesome! I have used the Timbersled, modified stock skid, and EZ ryde. I would say that the EZ ryde has better big bump absorbtion, but it travels too much side to side for my liking.

The KMOD works great in the bumps, transfers great for boosted sleds, and works awesome in boondocking and deep powerder situations. The price is really good compared to others. With rails you are about $1650.00.

Just got the Gen 2 skid last week and will post results on it in about 3-5 days.

If you are looking to upgrade your stock skid, this is a very good option!!!

PM me if you have specific questions and I will be glad to help

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
ok looked at there website they say 26lbs and i believe that is w/o the drop brackets as they have those seperate. Did you like the Kmod over the Timbersled? Looking into a new skid and cant afford the m10 so its either Kmod or Timbersled.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I never ran the timber so take it for what its worth, seen quite a few of them have issues, either strength, shock, or bushing issues. With that said TS customer service seems to really shine in getting these problems handled!!

I did however try to get a skid from them but didnt want to do anything for the MC chassis nor offered any insight to help get me setup, simply put... nope sorry cant help ya!

Running the KMOD coilover and it rides very well! its very tough! Kevin is always there to help with any issues that may come up and is very knowlageable! Would send anybody to buy his product!

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I have been running the latest kmod all season on my m12 turbo it has been the best skid I have ever rode....and handles the power great.

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
I also tested this same skid on my t-nytro at 17#. When I was at Kevin's shop, he weighed my mtn tamer, then his Gen 2 skid. I'm pretty sure that there was only 3 pounds difference, with the Kmod being heavier.
After re-installing the mtn tamer so Racinstation could test the new skid, I've been on one ride with a very rough trail to the hill. I really like the Kmod and I wasn't worried about pounding it hard and bending something.
I started a thread on this with some pics. Kevin says he's lowered the ride height since then.
This is going to be a very great skid.

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Got a K Mod rear skid installed in the turbo nytro about a month ago and have been testing. I just thought I would post results for those that are interested. I use the Ice Age rails and am using a zbros front shock. This skid is awesome! I have used the Timbersled, modified stock skid, and EZ ryde. I would say that the EZ ryde has better big bump absorbtion, but it travels too much side to side for my liking.

The KMOD works great in the bumps, transfers great for boosted sleds, and works awesome in boondocking and deep powerder situations. The price is really good compared to others. With rails you are about $1650.00.

Just got the Gen 2 skid last week and will post results on it in about 3-5 days.

If you are looking to upgrade your stock skid, this is a very good option!!!

PM me if you have specific questions and I will be glad to help

Did you get any rides on the Gen 2 skid?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got 5 rides in on the Gen 2 skid. Not big long rides, but enought to know that this skid is great! The evol alows adjustment that is unprecidented. I am NOT a fan of fox floats, but was blown away by the adjustability of the Evol. First float I have used that has rebound. Very adjustable. I would say that any 170-240 lbs guy on a Nytro will find all the adjustment that he needs with the standard valving.

The Nytro is probably one of the best sleds to test a skid with because it brings out the worst in all of them. I was telling Kevin that I could probably ride an M chassis with a bad rear skids and not really complain, but not the nytro!!! It is a bit heavier and this skid makes you feel like a champ. Jumping 3 and 4 moguls on a whooped out trail are fun. With a stock skid you could maybe double them and still get your butt kicked doing it.

I would also like to point out that the rear limiter block has 3 adjustments 1 will wheely a bit (all tesing done on a turbo nytro at 10lbs of boost). Setting 2 will keep the skis about 4 inches off the ground all the way up long chutes, and 3 will keep the skis glued to the ground. This is really nice because some days I just like to point the skis in the air and other days, or bigger chutes, you can't risk coming up because you compromise your life!

More to come, as far as pricing, testing, summer orders, etc., but for now, know that both skids are awesome and Gen 2 is the bomb!

:D:D:D

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
i built a cr 174 m10 for $2500 us best money I spent
apexpics003.jpg

Last edited:
T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
Is that a Fast M-10 121" skid frame suspention parts¨and just CR-racing 174" rails?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Did I read it right on the website???

$2500 with rails for K-mod??

$2500 for HOlz with rails

$2200 for EZ-Ride with Rails

Man these things are getting pricey!!

I paid right at $1800 with 162 rails on my timbersled through SnowJW on here. Its spendy but the difference is night and day no matter whos suspension you go with.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
I paid right at $1800 with 162 rails on my timbersled through SnowJW on here. Its spendy but the difference is night and day no matter whos suspension you go with.

1695.00 base kit with Evol rear shock and Float 2 up front.
Ice Age rails 350.00- 500.00
Complete bolt in skid with anti stab kit, Ice scratchers, and two wheel rear wheels and axle 2500.00
Ski Doo and A/C have some cheaper options for the Gen ll starting at 1195.00
Kevin

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
skid info

I'm an Apex Mnt. owner wanting an affordable rear skid..(kids and wife are expensive)
Is the original KMOD still available? Also can you provide it with a different version front shock to replace the ****ty stock Apex shock? A price for the original KMOD skid with two shocks and 162" ice age rails? And a price without the rails.
Thank you! Mike Adams

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I was all set to go with the KMOD then ran across a brand new, never installed Timbersled rear skid with rails and drop brackets for $1K. Couldn't pass it up:). Would have gone with the new KMOD had this not come along. Everything that I have heard on here, TY and other resources rate this setup quite high, especially for a boosted sled.

Premium Features