• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just made the switch!

H

hahler2

Dec 27, 2011
Hey guys. Just decided to make the switch from a 2012 ProClimb 800. Bought a brand new 2015 Pro 800 with a 155. I've been an arctic cat guy for 20 years so I'm a little nervous but really excited too.

I'm gonna be making a trip with it in the first week of March. Just wondering if anyone has any setup tips or break in tips for me. Also any problem areas I need to know about? I know about the bolts shearing on the quick drive but that's only major problem I've seen on here.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
welcome , there are really no significant problems with the pro. not even the bolt breaking on the drive pulley (I've never seen it)set up is darn near perfect on these machines clutching is excellent. just not much to do to these sleds , unlike the countless cats I've had in the past.

H

hahler2

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks! That's good to know. That's one of the reasons went away from my 12 proclimb. Even with countless tinkering couldn't get the suspension or clutches dialed in. Clutching was never on like it should be and sled would always want to trench instead of climbing up on top of snow like it should. Add to that 5 belts in 800 miles. Plus the weight of it. Was just fed up.

D
Nov 14, 2013
welcome , there are really no significant problems with the pro. not even the bolt breaking on the drive pulley (I've never seen it)set up is darn near perfect on these machines clutching is excellent. just not much to do to these sleds , unlike the countless cats I've had in the past.

Sadly I have to disagree with you, I have seen five, it is a significant problem and I would look into it before it ruins your day (as it has ruined a few of my buddies,) Otherwise you can't go wrong with your 15'!

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I just haven't seen any failures in the circle of pros , I ride with and just 1 belt failure ,know its happened to a few guy's who knows why it happens to some groups and other not so much, it's cheap to put a arp bolt in so If you are nervous about it theres no harm in replacing it. but to each his own .:face-icon-small-hap

H

hahler2

Dec 27, 2011
Probably will throw a bolt in it. Cheap and easy insurance. You know what they say. Luck favors the prepared.

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
I like the gear down & clutching combo. Makes the sled super snappy. When I get back on a stock sled it feels lethargic.

Premium Features