• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jumped ship. Poo to Cat. M8 help,tips,info

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Got a 09 m8 limited camo. 80 miles. boss seat. Not a scratch on it. Paid 9000. Anyways come summer will be putting SLP single and other mods. Just wondering if anyone has found the best setup. Ride 6000 plus Ive always had great luck with SLP and thought about there single,v force reed, air intake kit, ???? anything else??

thanks Goin riding friday cant wait

2009020.jpg

2009017.jpg

Last edited:

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Don’t waste the money on the V-force reeds. The SLP single works great. I put the BDX intake on my M1000 works great and the price is right. I would just put the SLP single on it and ride. It’s a fun sled right out of the box. Welcome to the dark side. :D

B
Jan 20, 2009
Its ugly, Mostly because of that Boss seat, i'll take it off your hands if you want.

haha I have the exact same sled with a y-pipe and can and it rips, Love it. If you get the SLP pipe and intake you may need a boondocker box. Apperently those SLP pipe kits wake up the m8

M

mountain mafia

Nov 26, 2007
idaho
you will love that sled. I have the same thing only the sno pro. I switched to Cat 2 years ago with an M1000. Then bought the 09 M8. I love both sleds. The 8 works great right out of the box, but like most Cats they love to be modded. I have the SLP single and it flat works. you wont be disappointed. Have fun!

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have the slp single on my 09 M8 and it works great with no fuel box and I ride 6-10K. Love the sled and will be doing more mods this summer, probably some porting and head work.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
thanks everyone, Going to take it out first ride friday. Probabley leave stock for this year but will get pipe and stuff installed this summer.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
SLP perf package

I was talking to Dustin, who is one of SLP's tech support guys. He is riding an 09 cat 800 with their performance package. He says it rips. Call him 208-529-0244. Speedwerx is another good place to shop

J
Jun 22, 2008
Livermore, CA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there has been several polaris convert's lately... maybe a growing trend....

Thats a great thing!!!!LOL Some times it takes longer for some.:D

To realize they made a mistake and switch back to Poo! Ummm.... Let's see...

A poorly designed kill switch that is always shutting off the machine at the most inappropriate time!

Poorly designed heater controls that are NEVER in the position you want 'em in!

Bogging & clutching problems on the M1000!

A POS Diamond Drive...

Need I go on?

I'll take my chances with the Polaris Crank just as soon as I can unload my M8 & M1000 thank you!

-Jeff

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Kane i thought SLP website said you dont need the EFI control box with there single pipe. Does the intake make it that much difference. Jeffro dont like his cats. His opinion. I ride with many and everyone likes them.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
SLP claims you don't need the box. My wifes '09 M8 has a BDX intake and a Speedwerx can and is running way on the rich side. runs like crap on the low end. I am at the point where I think I want to put a SLP Single on it - or am going to have to put a fuel pressure regulator on it and dial it down.

Timbersled intake and slp pipe kit work awesome you will need a box though.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
any special maintenance for the diamond drive? how often and what kind of oil does it take? Im gonna order the repair manual for it next time im around the dealer

B
Dec 21, 2006
Change fluid every 2-300 miles. If you run a BDX or Timbersled intake you should add a fuel controller. The SLP intake really doesnt add air it just pulls air from the engine compartment if the intake "triangles" get plugged. There are 2 "mods" that I would recommend before doing anything to your sled. A fuel pressure regulator and a shift assist. The regulator will let you adjust your fuel since cat has a 42-48psi tolerance from the factory. You should be close to 42-43psi to make it run crisp. The shift assist helps the secondary by preventing binding of the spring. Both of those make the sled more efficient and will prevent alot of headaches down the road with tuning.

M
Dec 6, 2008
Im not sure if the fluid needs to be replaced every 2-300 miles ive got 3500 on mine with only two changes i guess we'll see how it holds up...

R
Nov 30, 2007
Vents and hood foam

Add some air vents, and remove the hood foam - at least when you install the SLP pipe.
I'm sure you'll be satisfied, great choice!
:beer;

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
thanks everyone. Im just getting a list of stuff together that ill need to buy this summer. Ride it stock the rest of this year. then get it all setup before next year. I want to make it the best running M8 out there. Other than the turbo/nitrous crowd. So ill spend what money i have to to make a great running relaible sled

thanks again, Getting ready to go riding have a great weekend

Premium Features