• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ISO motor for 2003 800

MtSnodawg

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Butte, Mt.
I bought the sled used and one cylinder is bad. The guy I bought it from had the motor out and taken apart. I found another cylinder. Would like to find another motor to rebuild to put in the sled.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I bought the sled used and one cylinder is bad. The guy I bought it from had the motor out and taken apart. I found another cylinder. Would like to find another motor to rebuild to put in the sled.
You can buy piston and ring sets on Ebay. Most older engines should have their end crankshaft bearings replaced with new ones. You can free spin the bearing to see what kind of condition that they are in. You can get the old end bearings off by carefully using a hammer and poking a screwdriver through the counterweight holes, and pounding on the inner race, or prying between the two end bearings. A torch on the inner race can help things out. Cylinders can be improved with a 3 blade honing tool and also put some 2000 grit sandpaper outside of the spinning honing tool. Another motor is just more problems. When metal is sprayed around inside the engine, the fine metal gets into the rod bearings and the center crankshaft bearings, which cannot easily be replaced. Which is why quick shut downs are important, when noise comes from the engine.

Premium Features