• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Snow Conditions for 22-23 season.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Is it snowing down there? Just booked a ride with Rasmussen on Thursday/Friday . Hope it’s dumping. Really warm up here today but epic day Sunday up Taylor's. Is it snowing there?

00B86400-74FA-4265-A12D-9EA83F7D6160.jpeg

P
Dec 15, 2018
Booked two days with Kevin Allred out of ride Rasmussen! He’s the nicest guy you’ll ever meet and those guys all rip! You ski so guys will like them too as they are skiddoo guys lol! Snowtell shows a significant increase in the white stuff but dangerous which is ok cause I can’t ride steeps anyway lol! Gonna be awesome!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Booked two days with Kevin Allred out of ride Rasmussen! He’s the nicest guy you’ll ever meet and those guys all rip! You ski so guys will like them too as they are skiddoo guys lol! Snowtell shows a significant increase in the white stuff but dangerous which is ok cause I can’t ride steeps anyway lol! Gonna be awesome!!!
today and tomorrow will see these numbers JUMP big time

2023-03-14_13-57-10.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
K,
I give up…….

Why was IP fairly crowded yesterday but empty two weeks ago?
Good Question.
Spent a few hours riding on saturday.
was pleasantly surprised at the good snow we found, even though it was 4 days old
and traffic was VERY LIGHT with plenty of totally untracked areas to play in.

But the trail grooming is COMING TO AN END soon!
So even if we get some good spring snow, access is going to get ROWDY next week!;)

Fremont County Winter Trail Report - Monday, March 20, 2023

Fremont County Winter Trail Report
Monday, March 20, 2023

Subject to Change:

Tentatively, the groomers will be out on the trails from Monday, March 20 to Friday, March 24.

Primary trails to be groomed will include Two Top, Twin Creek, Meadow Creek, Rea's Pass and the business area from Island Park Village to Last Chance.

With luck, the grooming of Two Top and Twin Creek Trails will be alternating with Black Canyon and Railroad Bed Trail on Wednesday and Friday.

The grooming season has come to a rather sudden end. However, with all the broken equipment and trail base giving way, it appears spring is on its way!

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
Hard to believe the season seems to be coming to an end, with all the snow in that area this winter! As of a week ago, Kings Hill was looking pretty decent and hasn't had near the snowfall or low temps that IP has had. Been a weird winter though, for sure. Feels like spring in central MT, which doesn't make me real happy.

I'm thinking about heading to IP Thursday & Friday to get at least one trip in for the year and to experience the place for the first time. If anyone is planning to spend some time off-trail and wouldn't mind me tagging along, PM me. Looking to gather as much boondocking experience as I can before the season is over.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hard to believe the season seems to be coming to an end, with all the snow in that area this winter! As of a week ago, Kings Hill was looking pretty decent and hasn't had near the snowfall or low temps that IP has had. Been a weird winter though, for sure. Feels like spring in central MT, which doesn't make me real happy.

I'm thinking about heading to IP Thursday & Friday to get at least one trip in for the year and to experience the place for the first time. If anyone is planning to spend some time off-trail and wouldn't mind me tagging along, PM me. Looking to gather as much boondocking experience as I can before the season is over.
We will be riding in IP through MAY I bet.
But the ACCESS to the riding areas will get BRUTAL as the weeks go on in April.
It just gets harder and harder to get to where you want to ride.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
images

PLUS

1679362454303.jpeg

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
We will be riding in IP through MAY I bet.
But the ACCESS to the riding areas will get BRUTAL as the weeks go on in April.
It just gets harder and harder to get to where you want to ride.
Ahh, that makes sense. I am amazed at how whooped out trails can get sometimes. Brutal is a good word for it...especially when you're trying to make good time...or go slow...or all of the above!

Last edited:
P
Dec 15, 2018
Plenty of snow in island park . With the help of the local legends we had many a glade and meadow sans track. I even got a top to bottom pull with a good climb all to myself. Can’t believe how much there is to ride there and a nice groomed highway to get close . Superb. On another note we rode Taylor’s Sunday and even though it’s variable it’s still really good. Our secret spot is…

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Ahh, that makes sense. I am amazed at how whooped out trails can get sometimes. Brutal is a good word for it...especially when you're trying to make good time...or go slow...or all of the above!
whooped out trails and going slow are not an good combo. 45-60 seems to be a good combo, the faster the smoother.

Premium Features