• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQ 800 check engine light

J
Oct 22, 2008
minnesota
08 iq 800 and the check engine light is on and stays solid color. ran great for 200 miles. took it out and it died drug it home blew out fuel filter. ran good for few hrs and died. would start idle for 3 seconds and die. left it sit for 2 days and started and drove home but check engine light is on and stays on now. where do i start?

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Did you put a new fuel filter on? When the vr goes you usually have some electrical issues. lights dim or go out, blank dash.

T
Jan 27, 2012
SE MN
Polaris has a continuity check test on each plug for the V/R. When mine went bad, the dash went blank and eventually shut down. My friends check engine light came on and intermittently ran rough. Contact your local shop to see if they can print out the test for you.

blackhillsrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills, WY
Jdm08…I don’t mean to hijack here, but I think I am having the same issue. We just returned from a good spring ride in the snowies…high temps and slush for part of the day on Friday. Anyway, I had my daughter on my 2010 D8 and told her to watch the temps closely. I was on my 13 Pro and pushing temps of 180 at times, so I know the Dragon was hot. Two hours into the ride she quit, daughter says temp was around 165, so I didn’t panic, but couldn’t keep her running for more that 10-15 minutes at a time while trying to get back to the trailer. Until I came across this thread I was convinced it was heat related, but she did say that the gauge quit working prior to the sled quitting and then while nursing her back to the lodge, the tail lights and gauges worked sporadically. What do you think??

T
Jan 27, 2012
SE MN
Definitely sounds like the V/R. It will get very hot to the touch as well. Don't run it anymore as it could burn out the ECU, if it hasn't already. Again, very common item to go bad in the '07-'10 IQ's.

Premium Features