• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Idle rpm drop after WOT

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
Is your voltage regulator good? Fuel pump? Does it have spark for sure? Just trying to help you figure yours out. Did you recheck the throttle free play?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

T
Dec 7, 2012
Free play is good I don't know how I would check the fuel pressure if it isn't running? I'll do some research and see how to check the voltage reg as well. Thanks again.

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
No problem, keep me posted. Sounds like a possible fuel pump. As the pressure dropped and it leaned out the rpm's would raise and eventually it wouldn't have enough pressure to stay running. Just my hunch.

T
Dec 7, 2012
Ok so I checked the the sensor with the ohm meter and opening the throttle it flashed OL just as I got up to 20. Hopefully this is the problem. It isn't a fuel supply problem I don't think because the plugs are wet. I'll order up a new sensor and cross my fingers that that is the problem.

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
I'm not sure, do you know anyone with a sled you could borrow it off instead? I wouldn't recommend just unplugging it.

T
Dec 7, 2012
Well, in everything a person does, (but mechanics especially) you only have so many times to make an absolute fool of yourself before you loose any credibility you might have. I have definitely used up one of my free passes this time. After many sleepless nights thinking about how much money it would cost to take it to the dealer to get it fixed, I finally got it in my head to put 26 $ of gas in, going on the hunch that just maybe the pickup line in the tank was bad or something. And after pouring the much needed fluid into the tank, it started up and ran like it did..... well, when it had gas in it. Thanks guys for trying to help people like me dayly with what sometimes seems to be a lower than normal iq :D . It sure is an awesome running sled now that the tps is in spec. I don't know if I'll replace it or not yet but I think I'll just ride it for a while before the snow goes.

Premium Features