• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age Hellfire 8" wheel vs TKI 8" billet aluminum wheels

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I have 9" Ice Age wheels on mine, no issues and they look sweet.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Don't use an all aluminum wheel unless you never ride places that might have some gravel or rocks in the Spring. Short rides and they can be destroyed.

Otherwise they look great.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Ran all aluminum wheels since there were some. More choices out there than what you listed but they all go round and round.
Tki
Ice age
Tricked toys
Cpi
Atw
Wahl
Just off the top of my head

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The only destruction I've seen from gravel is the powder coat
Have you seen a wheel come apart?
No, just completely pitted on the drive surface with the powder coating damaged too. If you want a blingy wheel you don't want to see this happen. I use oversized plastic wheels and don't get this damage. The large plastic wheels are heavier than stock though where to aluminums might be similar if cut out sufficiently.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Spent many years going to billet. Having icing issues. Getting mad. Going to plastic. Breaking wheels. Grt mad go back to billet.

Enter hellfire wheels. Been running them since they were available and haven't had a single hiccup with them. Best of both worlds.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Spent many years going to billet. Having icing issues. Getting mad. Going to plastic. Breaking wheels. Grt mad go back to billet.

Enter hellfire wheels. Been running them since they were available and haven't had a single hiccup with them. Best of both worlds.
They look nice, expensive but maybe worth it?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
They look nice, expensive but maybe worth it?
I'd say so. They checked all the boxes of reliability function and style. Basically the only option at this point I'm aware of thst can even do it. Honestly they seem cheap given the added mfg complexity.

Premium Features